borg warner or mitchell overdrive unit

I really can't say about the size comparison to other borg warners overdrives. I do know that a lot of the early 50's overdrive unit were modified to be used in the Model A's and later 30's Fords. I have an overdrive unit like this one in my 1949 Ford. Works great.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, God Bless, Selmer

post-102343-143142894436_thumb.jpg

Guest daytona

Its a torque tube, I removed the tube and shipped it to Lloyd Young. He does this for LOTS of cars, and does a great job. He did mine about 4 years ago and I think this is his currant info. He is in his 90's now but has someone helping him, he is a great guy and a mechanical genius (he does a lot of other things besides overdrives).

Lloyd Young, 4915 Lithopolis-Winchester Road, Canal Winchester, OH 43110. 614-837-7832

I've seen Lloyd modify torque tubes to accept the Brog-Warner Overdrive.

He is a mechanical genius, but also a really nice guy and long-time friend.

Guest daytona

Marty, You are correct, Lloyd is a really nice guy, met him at Hershey several years ago and listened to several stories of his work. Talked for about an hour and in that time at least 10 people came up to say hello to him and thank him for work he had done for them in the past. There are not many people left as smart as Lloyd and as a plus just an all around good person.

Marty, You are correct, Lloyd is a really nice guy, met him at Hershey several years ago and listened to several stories of his work. Talked for about an hour and in that time at least 10 people came up to say hello to him and thank him for work he had done for them in the past. There are not many people left as smart as Lloyd and as a plus just an all around good person.

daytona,

I may very well have been one of those who visited and thanked him - I do so whenever we meet, and we are losing friends at an increasing rate due to age and infirmity. I shudder to think of how many truly decent folks our hobby has lost in the past few years

• 3 weeks later...

Lloyd installed a Borg-Warner R-10 OD unit in the torque tube of my `36 Buick, I need a speedometer drive gear and housing for it if anyone could advise who or where I might get one. I checked with Lloyd and he recommends an electronic bicycle speedometer driven off the front wheel, I`d rather be able to hook up to the OD unit. He did a great job. I don`t know what mine is originally from, I think it`s GM, it is 6 volt so is pre 1955.