Well, I finally got it, now the fun begins

The 1935 Dictator was delivered today. It's in relative good shape in consideration of other Studebakers I have taken on. Its been a months long effort to get it titled in Virginia as it came from a non-title state. After many visits to DMV and stacks of papers, they issued a title. For the past 20 years I have performed frame off restorations on several post war Studebakers; this will be the first antique car so there will be many questions that SDC and or the Antique club may be able to help starting with how to replace the missing fabric top. At first it was a possible hot rod, but now seeing its condition, it most likely will go back to original. Thanks to several antique club members who answered several questions that came up during the search. A few pictures are attached. Ken, Deltaville, Va.

(Note the delivery persons sense of humor in placing carpet protectors in the car, I guess rules are rules)

post-91418-143142763095_thumb.jpg

post-91418-143142763125_thumb.jpg

post-91418-143142763151_thumb.jpg

post-91418-143142763179_thumb.jpg

post-91418-143142763206_thumb.jpg

post-91418-143142763233_thumb.jpg

Edited by ken1007 (see edit history)

I parted out a 35 dictator and have a few parts. It was in very sad condition but saved a few things.

Thanks, I will be sorting out the parts that came with the car in the next few days, so expect to here from me soon re parts. This car has side mounts and has its attachment hardware, is it supposed to have a cover for the tire? And it looks like I need at

least the bottom half of the trunk latches, see photo 4. Ken

I have a complete engine , transmission , door handle and a lot of small parts.

Robert Kapteyn

studebaker@mac.com

Put "Studebaker" in the subject line otherwise it goes straight to trash.

Thanks, I will be sorting out the parts that came with the car in the next few days, so expect to here from me soon re parts. This car has side mounts and has its attachment hardware, is it supposed to have a cover for the tire? And it looks like I need at

least the bottom half of the trunk latches, see photo 4. Ken