How to post pictures on this forum

Seafoam65

From what I've been reading, there are a lot of people on the forum who are struggling with

how to post pictures from their digital camera on this forum. This post will help you through it. It is really

quite simple.....First of all, you have to understand that the pictures that your digital camera takes are too

large to be used on the forum. You must first load your camera's pictures into your computer by plugging

your camera's memory card into your computer. Once you have the pictures in a file on your computer, the

next step is to go to Irfanview.com and download Irfanview into your computer. With the Irfanview program

installed, enter the text of your forum post and then scroll down to where it says "manage attachments" and

click on that. A box will appear on the upper left of your computer screen asking you to select a file to download. At that point you will go to your file of pictures and click on one of them you want to post. You will

then click on "open file" at the bottom of the box that is on the upper left corner of your screen. When the

file is opened it will automatically be added below the text on your thread post. However, before you can load

pictures on the forum, you must first downsize them or they will not be accepted. This is where your Irfanview program comes in. Go to your picture file and click on a picture that you want to post on the forum. When the picture comes up on your screen, hit right click on your mouse and right click on "open with" and off to the side it will say "Irfanview" and roll your mouse on top of Irfanview and click on it.

The picture will pop up again on your screen on top of the first picture...this is your Irfanview picture. Now

to down size the picture on your screen, hit "Control" and "R" on your keyboard at the same time. When you do that, a box will pop up asking what size do you want. I always pick the choice in the middle which

will downsize your picture by half. Once you have made your size selection, hit "Control" and "S" on your

keyboard at the same time. this will save your downsized picture on your computer. You can now click on your downsized picture when adding a picture to your forum post and it will be accepted! Now....let's see those pictures!

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

I do it in a different way than Winston. What you need to do is find the best way that works for you. I haven't had a problem with my most of my digital pictures being too large, but on occasion when I have to change the size of a picture I do it using a free download of Photoscape. http://photoscape-free.com/?gclid=CLbO3Nzv98ACFSbl7Aod0zMAYg Besides resizing, I can crop the picture to include just that part that I want to be seen, and do all sorts of other stuff that's fun. It also allows me to download the pictures to my computer then I can choose any picture I want to "play" with. I use an internal card in my camera but I don't pull it to download it. I hook the camera directly to a USB port on the computer and let the internal software (Windows 7) download everything for me.

One thing that Winston didn't mention is that in order to find the "manage attachments" link, you have to click on the Go Advanced box at the bottom of the "reply to thread" window otherwise the "manage attachments" link isn't available. Once I've "gone advanced" I scroll down to the "manage attachments" link and open it. From there, you look for the box that says "Add Files." Click on it and another window will appear that says "select files." The "select files" window will take you into your saved library of pictures/documents/desktop etc. Choose the picture you want, open it, and it will appear in your window. You'll then need to "upload" it. (Here's where you'll find out if your picture is too big - if it is, it will tell you.) Once it's uploaded, it will appear in the box at the lower left. Click insert and it will go into the body of your post. Make sure you have your cursor in the place where you want your attachment to appear. It sound like a lot, but if you'll just look for the highlighted box and click on it, you'll be taken to the next window. Just follow the prompts until the picture is in your post.

"Mr. Earl" and my way are the same except for the way of getting there. With Mr. Earl's way, it looks like you don't need to "Go Advanced" and "Manage Attachments." The icon he suggests shortcuts what I said. Thanks, Lamar, learned something new today.

Ed

PS I appreciate the PDF files you sent to me.