Whats a fair price for my rare 72 Convertable?

Guest GavynSkyStudios

Guest GavynSkyStudios

Hello everyone! My name is Gavyn and I have a very rare 1972 Buick LeSabre Convertable that I have had since 2001 and I need to finally let go. My problem is, Ive never found one in my color combination and only a handful exist in their natural unmolested form so I dont have much to compair it to. Let me give you a run down on what exactly I have and maybe some members here who know more than me can tell me what a fair asking price would be? I also have a video that I will try to upload to help:) I purchased this 1972 Buick LeSabre Custom Convertable from the original owner back in 2001. I took it strait to the trans shop and had the transmittion rebuilt and then drove the car in Dallas for 9 months before putting it in storage and moving it around from storage to storage the rest of the years. It has 97,000 original miles. ALL paperwork, brochures, maintence and even a perfect window sticker. Its gold with a white top and white vinal interior thats in pretty good shape. Ive had the gas tank completly redone, all new brake parts. the tires are Goodyear whitewalls and have about 500 miles on them but are technically expired. New battery. 350cid This car is more reliable then others I have and has never not started right up, even in winter. With an alignment, you could drive this car to Florida and back and have no problems. I started to sand it down for paint and addressed some minor rust issues to at least slow that down but it looks worse than it acctually is. Its a very restorable car and I refuse to let it go to someone who wants to put 28 inch rims and cowhide interior in it so I'm only going to list it to BCA members who will take it where it deserves to go. I know they only made 2037 of these and ive seen 1 other modle for sale with more rust and a saddle interior with 68,000 miles and they wanted $10,900. Can anyone give me thier thoughts on what I should ask for this rare and great example? Thanks so much!!

Color combination is not going to add or take away from the value unless it is a really ugly color. You are going to face a few roadblocks if you want to get top dollar for the car. It has been sanded and not finished which is going to scare away some buyers. You should get the alignment done yourself so that is one less problem the new owner will need to deal with. The other roadblock is selling a convertible at the end of summer. The engine bay looks pretty rough but I think a few hours detailing it would make a huge difference. I would guess it would sell for around $3000 in it's current condition. Good luck with it.

Guest GavynSkyStudios

ok great ideas 6077! I'll do what I can to spiff it up and get it listed on here asap!! I was really hoping for $5,000 only becuase of the extreeme rareity and its a 2 owner car with every bit of the original paperwork and maintence. Plus that other modle which wasnt the best color combo and had a ton more rust was more than double the price I want to ask but then again, the feller may have had his waaaaay overpriced too..lol I guess As long as it gets to the right person, the money is only monetary. My mom drove 7 of us around drunk one time in this thing before she passed away and ive been homeless and still paid the storage on this car. It has a lot of sentimental value so thats why I cant let it go on Craigslist or something. I appreciate the advice!!

It's a very attractive car, but I have to agree that the color combination is not going to matter much in regard to its value. The new owner has a new top to pay for, a paint job, and an engine clean-up/detailing. The upholstery looks to be at least fairly decent for use as a tour car. On the good side, it seems to be an extremely rust-free vehicle and possibly dent-free (???). What part of the country are you located?

Guest AlCapone

unfortunately rare does not always mean high prices. Sometimes they did not make many because they did not sell well and they stopped producing them. I would say grab $3000 if you get the offer !

Wayne

Edited by AlCapone
Grammar (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GavynSkyStudios

Thanks West, I'm hoping it gets into the right hands and maybe I can buy it back someday:) The car is located in Springfield Mo!

Guest GavynSkyStudios

HEy West, Sorry for the delay, Its located in Springfield Mo! In the garage of a house I need to sell pronto!! Id take the first 3k as long as it gets to the right hands.