1934 Dodge air filter rebuid

knobless

That looks like the air filter that was on my '33 Plymouth when I got it (I believe original but the Plymouth Owners Club's official mantra is that it is a '34 only filter). How the heck did you get it opened up to replace the element material? Inquiring minds want to know!

That looks like the air filter that was on my '33 Plymouth when I got it (I believe original but the Plymouth Owners Club's official mantra is that it is a '34 only filter). How the heck did you get it opened up to replace the element material? Inquiring minds want to know!

there is a seem in the top ( last photo where you see scrathes) you have to pry the intire seemout all the way around, (takes some patiences ) once done the entire unit comes apart, when I opened it up it was completely black ( carbon build up ) and you wont believe what was used for the new copper filter material,,,but it was the exact match to what was in original, and at a cheap price,,,,if you attemp it just take your time and again best to paint when finished, but you would have to block off holes as not to get paint on new copper material.....

hey Steve,

That looks nothing like mine. Did they have a few types in 34 ?

Ian

send picture, I have another off of a 34 Plymouth, but it is a sealed top,non vented as mine, mine is the original, I believe,everything on motor checks out to be DR...