Delco Calibration Chip # 5588 For Body Control Module

Guest PAT'S 91

Guest PAT'S 91

Hello I'm trying to locate a calibration chip for my body control module the numbers on the chip are 5588 Delco I need this chip so I can read my mileage. also would I have to have it programmed ? We Need Help

A word of caution. He is great BUT check your chip as soon as you get it back to be sure it has correct mileage and correct VN. I had to send mine back twice to get it correct. This can screw up CARFAX and decrease the value of your car. I posted a while ago about a jump start that messed up the mileage chip or called ee prom.

Good Luck

Note: the BCM has two plugin PROMs. The big one is a 27c256 just like the ECM but programmed differently. The little one is a 2816 EE Prom. As mentioned it contains the VIN, ODO, and some of the presets. Both can be reprogrammed just an EEPROM is easier. There are failsafes built in to the EEPROM to detect tampering.

The presets mentioned by Padgett are very important. On my 89 Riviera the rear load levelers (air shocks) did not work because Reatta's do not have that option. If I remember correctly Barney posted a procedure that made it easy to go into the CRT and make the changes so the options matched the car.

These are just little things you have to do to get it back to normal.

Do not take the car to any place that transmits mileage to Carfax until you get the correct mileage on the EE Prom or you will have to deal with them to get it corrected. (some dealers, Body shops, Emission testing or state inspection facilities)

Take your time

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PAT'S 91

Just got the e prom back yesterday afternoon and everything worked fine.Had to have a state inspection done and it flew through with flying colors.Took it out for a ride and 2 and a half hours later I'm back.Chas was right about it being pricey,327.00 including shipping.

Glad to hear they programmed a good EEPROM for you. I assume the mileage was set correctly and all. A bit steep, but you are paying for the closely guarded knowledge of how the odometer data is encrypted when written to the chip. For obvious reasons, this info is kept very well protected or there would be rampant fraud.

KDirk

Guest PAT'S 91

I documented the last 10 years of state inspection records showing mileage and vin number.Interestingly enough is that I was going to send it through the US postal service and when I found that they wanted $162.00 to ship it decided to try UPS .$42.00 later it was on its way. 4 hours after receiving it, he notified me it was on its way back

Guest PAT'S 91

.e prom from Pittsburgh Penna to Calgary Alberta Canada.UPS bubble wrapped it and packaged it.$42.00 was a bargain compared to the 162.00 the post office wanted.

How did USPS arrive at that price? Good God, I've sent stuff to Canada before, including large, heavy hi-fi gear and even with that weight and requisite insurance it wasn't that much. Were you doing next day service? Only way I can possibly see those charges - and that's still outrageous.

KDirk

Pro speedo use to be in Edmonton Alberta Canada and moved to Anaheim California. I pulled out my Money order from 2008 and he charged me $275 to straighten out the ViN and mileage that were corrupted. Make sure you complete the commercial invoice Exactly the way "Dwayne" wants it so it flows smoothly thru customs. He paid the return shipping via FEDEX. I shipped it to him via FEDEX but have no idea what I paid back in 2008 since I was under a substantial corporate discount program at that time.

GOOD LUCK

Just check it out to be sure everything is 100% correct. Spoke to Dwayne on the phone and he will work with you until you are satisfied.

Thanks for the info. Can't tell you how envious I've been, reading about some of you guys just going a few blocks to get such and such at so and so's, when it is so far from me. Finally something I can check out in my back yard. Cheers.

Unless these are the guys that have moved to Anaheim, then I'll be heartbroken, and envious again.

Edited by Pensive Scribe (see edit history)