Public Auction w/ 5 Packards Nottingham PA July 19th

TerryB

Found this sale advertised in a local publication. Lots of farm stuff and JD tractors and 5 Packard cars and parts including at least two very old cars. The black 30's car looks very interesting. The auction company seems to be more focused on the farm items than the cars. Sale is July 19th in Nottingham PA, near the PA border with MD. Note- I have no connection to the sale, just passing on information.

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=2154709&category=0&zip=&kwd=

Terry

Guest Gary Hearn

Three years ago I would have been there with my rollback truck. The two '56 Packards look to be in decent shape.

So the auctioneer has updated his ad in our local Farming News paper. He has added this information:

1924 Ford Model T touring Car Fully restored. Moldel A Rumble Seat- Needs restored. I did not see them in the pictures provided.

As for the Packards it says:

2- 1956 4 doors

1934 2 door sedan

1935 Packard roadster

Old Packard touring??

A very poor listing on the AuctionZip website for this acution. Not sure I would ever want him to do my auction.

There is a facebook page too for him called Hunter SaleBarn that may have more info.

Terry

Guest Gary Hearn

I suspect you are referring to Lancaster Farming? I subscribed for many years and found quite a few "treasures" as a result. The auctioneer's website is still referencing a Christmas auction so they seem not to embrace current technology. I posted this on the Studebaker Drivers Club website to alert those folks as well.

Guest ray17025

I ran all the way back from the PAC national for this, in a vain attempt to get some parts. To my eye, this auction took place 10-15 years too late as the parts seem to have been left outside/ neglected just too long. I don't mind rust, but the part needs o be reasonably salvagable. It is a real shame. I would absolutely not have this auctioneer crew handle anything for me.

Only thing I bought was a '33 Packard front bumper I needed and a pair of '31 Cadillac headlights, horns and cross bar just because they went cheap. Most poorly organized auction I have ever attended plus the hot dogs were $4. The owner apparently had a fetish for Packard luggage racks and bumpers. Must have been at least a dozen of each, mostly '34 and newer, all very rusty.