Looking for a cheap electric winch ?

nick8086

Is there another car we cannot see? The yellow car in post #42 and #43 is a '54 Kaiser Darrin. Are you calling it a Sunbeam, as in the British car "Sunbeam? Or, are you naming the car a sunbeam because it is yellow?

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't see this mentioned, so I'll bring it up. Consider mounting the winch on a Trailer square tube and mounting a receiver onto the trailer. That way the winch can be used on the trailer or on the back of the tow vehicle.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]260844[/ATTACH]

I have the same set-up winch but I think mine is the next size up. Superwinch sells the receiver mount kit that bolts right on to the winch and you buy the receiver that you bolt to the floor. VERY IMPORTANT!!! the receiver has to be "fish plated" with a nice size piece of steel between frame rails and floor.

A guy in my local VCCA region had bought my old trailer a few years ago and is trying to install a winch. He insisted on a Harbor Frieght one, did not want to listen to us and was told to read this thread which he said he did. Did everything except on thing.....(two if we count he did not use a fish plate) he did not test the winch before he installed it. It did not work. I guess better to find out now then when you need it.

Also I would not use a wireless! How many frequency's can they use? If someone is on the same channel it is agood way to loose a finge or worse. I am a retired electrician some things are just better to be hard wired on the control side, and any rigging operation is. No price on safety, and a new finger is not on the shelf!

Edited by Biscayne John (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...