64 Riv Winshield Washer Pump

Glenn McMahon

Hi Gents

Have wiper motor out which is working. Washer pump does not. Anyone know where to get one or a rebuild kit. Any I see online say they are for a single speed wiper. Of course are cars are two speed. Anyone rebuild there pump? Were you happy with the results?

All answers appreciated.

Thanks

Glenn McMahon

ROA #12929

Guest atomickneedrop

Hi Glenn,

My washer pump was broken as well. I tried to rebuild it but the diaphragm was hard and it still didn't pump. I ended up with an aftermarket electric pump from amazon. Mounted it next to the original one behind the hood hinge. Works great!

shot wiper fluid over the windshield... Not stock but works with stock switch. I can share a couple of pics and details. If u are interested.

Cheers

Kraig

I've yet to try it but I have the parts. I got the idea when I had to replace a cracked reservoir on my '04 Grand Cherokee. The Jeep pump is extremely small and fits in a hole in the bottom of the reservoir. I plan on drilling a hole in my '64 reservoir, fitting the pump and associated gaskets to the bottom of the reservoir, and running the factory 12V wire to it. When I get a round to it*, I'll let everyone know how it works. One thing I'm looking forward to is that it squirts a steady stream instead of a pulse of water to the windshield.

Ed

*post-50017-143142455272_thumb.jpg

Guest atomickneedrop

Hi Glenn,

The pump I ordered from amazon was this. [h=3]Trico 11-100 Windshield Washer Pump $<13.00[/h]I used one of the screw holes for the original pump and wired it to connectors for the original pump. Because it is behind the hood hinge you can't see it and it looks stock.

Works great. The included T allows you to use the original plumbing for the Washer Bottle and jets.post-77345-143142464335_thumb.jpg

[h=3][/h]

Thanks Kraig

I may try this. Did some work on my pump and will test it when my garage warms up. Snow here again today after being in 70s on weekend. I did contact CARS in NJ and they said they have a rebuild kit for my pump with the 90 degree fittings. I will let you know how things work out.

Regards

Glenn

ROA 12929