anyone has a black or burgundy tc for sale? ( not the one from the last post)

shelbyone

If my memory serves my correct. Chrysler tc by massarti are rare, but not all that valuable! I would sell you my burgundy 89 8v auto. But I do not want to give it away, also I am on the east side of the Mississippi and I don't think you want to come and pick it up?

There is always the way overpriced triple black one at the dealer's in Pacoima. Been advertised for over 2 years on ebay and craigslist. Missing headlight switch knob and brake pedal pad along with severely dried out leather. Price lowered to 2400 over a year ago and still double what it is actually worth.

just called the dealership in orange...they say the odometer is working...mhmm...doesnt look too bad...what do you think of that price?? they want $3900!...133kmiles..

let me know what you think....

I think that might be a little high. Offer 3k.

I still think it is a 2500 car plus or minus depending on mechanical condition. You are already familiar with the ABS system but the v6 has a few concerns that are different than the 4cyl. The v6 can tend to burn oil from bad valve seals (new cat converter at each smog check is a possibility), the cam plugs on end of heads can pop out letting your oil run out, and the transmission is computer controlled and has to relearn how you shift after the battery is disconnected.

ok..good to know...I will drive downthere tomorrow after looking at a yellow tc in glendale...I did not know that the v6 has so many issues...so I better check for oil and ask for maintenance details...so when I disconnect the battery, I will not be able to drive at all?? or how is it suppose to learn to shift again>?> I am still concerned about that pushed in bumper...and if its possible to pull it out again...

My yellow TC is a show car and is only driven on weekends. I have one of those quick disconnects on the battery with the green top on it. So far the learning process has not been a problem still runs good at 80 MPH. There can be another problem with the trnsmission controler where it will not shift beyond second gear (bump shift). That can cause you to locate a new controller at a cost of $200 approximately. So on your test drive make sure you put it on a highway over 55 MPH. The only thing I hate about doing this is that I have to locate my radio station again.

Fender and fascia. Where the fender top and fascia come togetther at the wheel well there should be a screw which since it has been pushed in must be gone. There is also a fender slider underneath the fascia which keeps the fascia from flapping at highway speeds. I put one back in line with a crow bar underneath the car, but I have also seen Larry Carlson of TC Parts sit down in front of the car and pull it back into place. If you have to replace the fender slider because it is broken the cost can be $100+ - $150 and hard to locate. On the front of the car the sliders are different from right to left while the rear sliders are identical right to left. There are only 3 bolts on the slider but you need a deep well socket.

Bumper issue could be as simple as the bumper shock didn't come back out all the way (common on this little used part) and just needs to be pulled out by hand. Just put a battery backup in the cig lighter to retain memory if you are going to disconnect the battery, if you need to disconnect all power then the relearn process just means the transmission shifts weird for a short time while it relearns your driving habits but the car is still drivable. The engine may also stall out for 3 or 4 restarts immediately after a battery disconnect then all is well after that. Most people disconnect ONE wire on the transmission controller (I forget which one) to help with its one little issue, there are posts on here that deal with that.

I thought yellow was OUT! You could always look at "no accident" yellow TC that's been on craigslist for awhile.........photos show a repainted passenger quarter panel and a messed up front bumper on the driver's side. Not sure the seller's word could be trusted after that whopper of a lie.

thanks for the input!! saw the black tc , started it up and knew right away that its a piece of junk..white smoke, metallic clonk noises when accellerating slowly to 1000rpm..checked the codes: 3-2-4 ( EGR??) oil leaking from heads, the instrument cluster was tampered with ( might not even be the original one) middle console switches bracket broken in half..only 3 switches worked...I did not even want to drive it....and yeah, I looked at the yellow one just out of curiosity...very bad yellow paintjob and and code 3-1-3-3

oh well...onto the next...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so far, so good...still looking for my next tc! even considering yellow now! :) there is a 90 tc with 98kmiles for sale..owner says "ABS is not working (probably a sensor wire), cruise control has problems (short with turning signal)"

the abs issue sounds bad to me...what do you think?? would you still buy this one?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kreeves

We have a white/tan '91 conv runs great, garage stored and babied. Mileage in the 30,000 range, and yes the odometer does work, so does the AC. It was my dads who gave it to my daughter who is going off to college and not taking a car. We don't need to keep it in our garage paying insurance and what not on it... But we are in Ft Worth, Tx