Anyone here know the EXACT application for this radiator cap?

Found this exquisite item today and need to know the exact application for it. The part number is 391151. I am thinking maybe 1932 or 1933 Chrysler Imperial. Does anyone here know for certain so that I can find the rightful future owner of it?? Thanks in advance. John

post-37352-143138956616_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138956624_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138956633_thumb.jpg

Do you think the cap in question is for the Imperial? It is much larger than the other cap I had. Here is the other cap I had. It has a filled in area behind the legs and has longer and no notched antlers. I am still trying to remove the wooden base from the cap in question. Man, it is REALLY on there. I have no idea how they mounted it and that wood is some really hard wood. To be continued...

post-37352-143138957556_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138957561_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138957567_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Keiser-it certainly looks a lot like the cap on my 33 Chrysler Model CQ.

Martin Lum

Are you speaking of the one in question at the original post? Does your cap have a part number on the underside of it? Can you please post a photo of the bottom of it? Or if you can email me a photo of the bottom that would work. I am trying to remove the wood base the cap is attached to, but I still cannot figure out how...it's VERY hard wood.

post-37352-143138958541_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138958551_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I am trying to remove the wood base the cap is attached to, but I still cannot figure out how...it's VERY hard wood.

get someone to hold it while you using sharp wood chisel and hammer split it parallel to the largest dark grain striations. start towards the edge working towards the center. if someone hasn't epoxy encapsulated it and turned it to solid resin it'll split easy. looks tobe oak with wrinkled old varnish.

get someone to hold it while you using sharp wood chisel and hammer split it parallel to the largest dark grain striations. start towards the edge working towards the center. if someone hasn't epoxy encapsulated it and turned it to solid resin it'll split easy. looks tobe oak with wrinkled old varnish.

That is the way I figured I would split it. I just need to figure out what the diameter of the underside lock ring is so I don't hit it. Thanks for the reply.

Horn twirls and air between front legs and gazelle body indicate a fullsize Imperial, however the twirls do not continue all around the horns as they should do, and as you mention they are fairly short. A 31 CD (and a CG) should have a base with # 314761 (the large base), indicating your base is newer - maybe for a CQ as Marty suggests.

My current best guess would be a CQ base with a replica gazelle?

• 4 months later...
is a 1934 ca .chrysler , do u want sell it?? my number is 954 607 8897 . i need one !!

I am still trying to remove the wood. After that, I will post more photos and give you an answer if it is for sale. I am doing this for a friend who has owned it for a long time. He may very well want to sell it.

• 2 years later...
Guest Fergus

Hi Keiser,

Long time, hey!

I was directed to this discussion by a fellow Chrysler CP8 owner after telling him that my mascot (very damaged) has different numbers underneath the cap when compared to the one in very good condition recently sold on Ebay. Seeing your photos here of the smaller one it looks like it's the same as mine but I can't quite make out the name and numbers from your photo. Do you have it still and, if so, would you be able to send me the details? In the meantime, I'll clean up my one to see if we have a match.

Thank you.

Regards

Fergus

Guest Fergus

Hi Keiser,

Many thanks for your reply and I am still to clean up my one to see what it says underneath.

Regards

Fergus