Looking for Valve Spring Manufacturer

M&M

Hello All.

I am looking for leads on a place to ger some Valve springs made. I am the owner of a 1916 Touring Sedan in need of Valve springs, three of which are broken. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Thank you

Matt

Hi,

Yes tried Egge they sent me what they thought was the correct spring for 16-22 Super six. The springs sent from Egge have a 13 winding to them about 5 inches long, mine are 10 winding at about 4.5 inches long conical they were to long. I sent Egge a sample spring and waited, I was later told they could not match it up. The spring was sent back to me.

The car has been in winter storage and am getting ready to have it moved so that work can begin. I appreciate the comments and look forward to hearing more.

92435d1309540880t-1916-hudson-valve-springs-sany0121.jpg

92436d1309541019t-1916-hudson-valve-springs-matts-20pics-20029.jpg

Unfortunately I do not have a lathe to attempt the springs and was curious how the conical shape of the springs would be attempted?

Thank you

Matt

Lathe wound springs are wrapped around a mandrel. In your case the mandrel would have to also be tapered. That's a complication to the process but not a show stopper. Just means a bit more trial and error to get it right.................

Guest Jim_Edwards

Valve spring manufacturers are almost a dime a dozen. Do a google search and start making some phone calls with the specs on what you need. I'd start with someone like Comp Cams and anyone else that is valve train components business.

Guest Joe Kieliszek

Hello,

They usually have it; $40.00 minimum charge.

Thanks,

Joe

1911 Buick model 14B ( its gonna run this year!)

• 7 months later...
Guest Stevetechguy

Hopefully, you are up and running buy now, but if not, or for future reference, Coiling Technologies Inc is a great company. They can make custom springs and have great customer service.

• 1 year later...