Spartan Bugle chime horn wiring info sought

hddennis

Trying to revive an old 3 trumpet Spartan chime horn. Viewed from the front the right terminal is grd. the left is hot and will make the horn cycle once and stop. I can't get it to cycle again unless I manually turn the armature until the points close again. What is the middle terminal for and how do I wire it?

Howard Dennis

Howard- This info came from a well noted Sparton repair man to me many years ago. #1, All horns have at least two electric terminals,#1 and #3 or #1 and #2 except "Chime Bugle" which has #1 #2 and #3, the extra one for chime circuit. Therefore, note use of #1 and #3 in most cases EXCEPT for "Chime Bugle".

#2,Wire from #1 post always goes to battery or any hot post.

#3,Wire from other post(#2 or #3) in two post horns goes to horn button which contacts ground for proper circuit for sequence of horn playing.

#4, On three post horns (Yours) wire from #2 goes to button #2 for "Chime Bugle" tune circuit on "Chime Bugle" horn only.

#5, AND MOST IMPORTANT The horn it self most be grounded to the car by bolting it solidly to the car.

Facing the front of the horn (into the tubes)#1 is on the left and is the hot post. #2 is in the middle and is the button for

"Chime". On the right is #3 and is the button for "Bugle"

Good luck--Bob

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Offroad
Howard- This info came from a well noted Sparton repair man to me many years ago. #1, All horns have at least two electric terminals,#1 and #3 or #1 and #2 except "Chime Bugle" which has #1 #2 and #3, the extra one for chime circuit. Therefore, note use of #1 and #3 in most cases EXCEPT for "Chime Bugle".

#2,Wire from #1 post always goes to battery or any hot post.

#3,Wire from other post(#2 or #3) in two post horns goes to horn button which contacts ground for proper circuit for sequence of horn playing.

#4, On three post horns (Yours) wire from #2 goes to button #2 for "Chime Bugle" tune circuit on "Chime Bugle" horn only.

#5, AND MOST IMPORTANT The horn it self most be grounded to the car by bolting it solidly to the car.

Facing the front of the horn (into the tubes)#1 is on the left and is the hot post. #2 is in the middle and is the button for

"Chime". On the right is #3 and is the button for "Bugle"

Good luck--Bob

Hey, I´m pretty new at this, but I found a Sparks-Withington Horn that I want to restore, but I dont lnow how to do the proper wiring... Can anyone help me with that?post-105181-143142887068_thumb.jpg

post-105181-143142887044_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...