I just found a pic of my 48 Diamond T truck when it was new

F&J

Sorry for a too-long post but I am stoked :D

I always meant to try to contact a fire department here in CT to see if there were any existing pics of my 1948 Diamond T model 509 10 wheeler. I was shocked to find it online, on the fire company website. They bought it new.

Here is the page with the history and pic of it. South Windsor Volunteer Fire Department - Connecticut

The truck was later sold and converted to a flatbed by a large potato farm. That farm went out of business and all vehicles were audtioned off. The truck was purchased by an excavation business in my town where I lived, back in 1989. A coworker spotted it and told me about it. I went for a drive past their shop and just had to have it. :) They were going to mount a crane on it to move things around at their yard.

The coworker friend and I started a resto sandblasting job at his home until my new shop was finished. I ran into some issues in the late 90s and sold it and lost track of it.

As my son grew up, he would see old pics of my truck and said I should find it and get it back. I halfheatedly tried for 3 or 4 years without sucess. In 2008 I was at a local ATHS truck show and saw a guy from New York who had a Diamond T shirt and hat on. I went up to him and started describing my old truck... He stopped me to say: " You don't recognize me, but I looked at your truck when you had it for sale at your old place" and " not only do I know where it is now, the owner is a friend of mine, and it is for sale"

Now it's in my shop, nothing has changed. The last owner bought it from the guy I sold it to, then stored it with his other trucks in a heated building. He sold it to me for the price he paid and said : "you get 8 years heated storage for free" :) It has 25,000 road miles...and countless engine hours added during pumping water.

e-2-1947.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest annabie
Can we see a photo of your truck as it is today?

Year, post a photo so we can see how it looks like today. Also, this photo is quite old and the color is not so good.