Windshield Frame Identification

406mac

I am not going to say it is or is not a Model A Ford windshield, but my 1929 Model A Phaeton windshield is 42 inches wide. The height is not quite the same as my Phaeton windshield, but it might be for another body style Model A Ford.

Most of the other Model A windshields I see seem to be about 2 inches wider than this one. Does the Phaeton have decorative trim around the windshield? I have a 29 Model A pick up cowl and this part is about 2 inches too small for it. Thanks for info. Mac

I don't understand what you mean by decorative trim. It has a simple windshield frame that the windshield fits into. I suspect that all 28/29 open car windshields are 42 inches wide. I am pretty sure that the 30/31's are wider. If I were you, I would try finding a 28/29 roadster and a 28/29 roadster pickup to compare to the one you have.

Guest streeter40

It is not a model A open car w/s frame. Open cars were a round tube frame it is a closed car frame with a hinge on top and I don't think it is model a.

streeter40,

I was going from the given dimensions and the first photo. I have now seen the second photo and I now see the top hinge.

406mac,

I don't know what it is, but the width is the same as my Phaeton's, so I suspect it is for a similar sized car, but like I said earlier, I don't know what it is.