73 apollo seat belts?

ted sweet

73 apollo seat belts?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am missing the buckle end for the passenger side front and the non buckle end for the front center belt. now i am being forced to use the passenger belt with the center buckle end, thus can use the shoulder belt. are these avaiable new? siursce for used?

Ted

Generally, back then, the seat belts became "non-available from GM" when the trim color codes changed. If there were any that have longer availability, they were "black" rather than in colors. Therefore, none would be available from GM for about the past 20+ years. These were not parts that a typical dealership would keep in stock either. Only thing would be that if they were special ordered for a customer who never came back for them, with the parts dept operatives missing their window-of-opportunity to return them to GM back then.

I have seen some of the seat belt webbing turn up at some of the major hardware stores. I've heard that Elliots Hardware, on Maple Avenue in Dallas, TX, had some of the webbing in bulk roles a while back, but never did verify that. Snaake-Oyl Enterprises in East Texas rebuilds the belts, so that might be your best option, to contact them (you can generally find one of their ads in the back of many car magazines). Generally, they rebuild belts sent in, but they might have enough parts to replace the items you need or rebuild what you have. I understand it can take several weeks in turn-around time, though.

Otherwise, you might shop the salvage yards. Other GM X-body cars (Chevy Nova, Pontiac Ventura, Olds Omega) of that general model year might be sources, too, BUT might have different buckles (which outwardly look the same!!!), so you might take the information from the sewn-on tag at the base of the belt with you for a model number and vendor and such--especially the vendor as model and other numbers might change with just a color change, yet have the same buckle. I suspect that if you find a car like yours with all of the seat belts intact, you ought to get ALL of them so you'll have (at worst) a matched set just in case the buckles have a minor difference that you don't first notice (which can affect how well they snap together. You'll probably need to get the hold-down bolts, too, for good measure. Hopefully, you can find a color that closely matches or coordinates with your interior color.

Hope this might help,

NTX5467

• 1 month later...
Guest buickapollo455

Yes all the parts are new at classic industries, call ask for a Nova catalog and buy it, go to classic industries .com and get ph and call them they will send out a "NOva" catalog , there is no Apollo catalog anywhere, you are now robbing novas for parts , take revenge on novas now they stole apollo parts for last 20 years. this will get your needs and any other smallparts , or even new carpet , door panels, dash pads, etc. hope this helps craig