Reatta front shocks?

Guest wally888

Once asked an e-bay dealer who had 88s available and he said that they would not fit my 89 confused.gif" border="0 Don't know that I would trust the source but believe that they are different, Robert

Wally888 when one looks at this seller's other auctions you see that he has a ton of other parts for sale and that so far he/she has sold over 200 items. e-mail and ask if they fit and ask if not does he/she have access to ant that may. You just might get them?<BR>Just an idea, Robert

NAPA shock and strut book shows Monroe Sensatrac front struts for the Reatta:<P>1988 #71800<BR>1989-1990-1991 #71854<P>So the 1988 Reatta takes the oddball strut. frown.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

I had the struts replaced on my '89 last month. The part number was 22047964 and the description was *STRUT ASM 7.345. They were $130 each. I also had the upper mounts replaced at $104.25 each. These prices are from a local Buick dealer.

I had emailed him prior to posting. His answer just arrived. Said, he just describes items as his supplier tells him. Has no idea about R.'s other than 88.

It is impossible to tell from the pictures in the parts book....any differences.<BR>Do you remember the discussion about front sway bar mount? The '88-'89 sway bar mount attaches to the lower "A" arm, while the '90-'91 attaches to the strut. An original '88-'89 strut would not have the mount for the '90-'91 sway bar. However the aftermarket manufactures are very good at reverse engineering. They might have the '90-'91 mount on all struts and you simply don't use it on the early cars.<P>Looking at the GM parts book. The part number used in '88 is different than '89<BR>but the '88-'89 Riviera used the same part number. So my guess would be different valving between '88-'89 Reattas but the part would be interchangeable (they will fit but could be "softer"). '90-'91 Reatta part numbers are the same, same part # used on Riviera with F41 suspension(touring or HD suspension). The "knuckle", the part the lower part of the strut attaches to is the same part number for all years (both Reatta and Riviera), so there should be no mounting problem there.<P>Sounds like we need someone that works for a parts house to compare the different years.