Quadrajet needles for 66 442 -

Norton1

I purchased a quadrajet carb for my 66 442 and although it is pretty beat up I managed to salvage it. Unfortunately it came with two different needles in the secondaries. One has the letters "AU" stamped in it and the other "BE". Would anyone know which is correct for this carb? My second question relative to this would be: How would I be able to change needles for more or less fuel with a higher lift or longer duration cammed motor? Is there a book out there on modifying the carb for higher performance?

Thanks for all your expertise here.

Steve

While the Doug Roe book mentioned is an excellent general reference on Rochester carburetors; a new book (within the last year) written by Cliff Ruggles "How to Rebuild and Modify Rochester Quadrajet Carburetors" is the best book that I have seen in 40 years on carburetor performance enhancements that may be done by someone with less than a full machine shop.

Cliff Ruggles webpage

Jon.

I saw that book when I was at Amazon looking up Roe's book. Bought them both. I'm glad to hear that his book is as good as it looked. Any ideas about buying internal parts for the Q-jet? Like if I need needles, or other parts? I've been buying cores for $5 - $10 so I'll have a parts inventory as I get this rig running like it should.

Thanks for the follow up

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw that book when I was at Amazon looking up Roe's book. Bought them both. I'm glad to hear that his book is as good as it looked. Any ideas about buying internal parts for the Q-jet? Like if I need needles, or other parts? I've been buying cores for $5 - $10 so I'll have a parts inventory as I get this rig running like it should.

Thanks for the follow up

Steve </div></div>

With all due respect, read the book!!! Cliff has lots of parts available. Always nice to support the author!

Jon.