91 Reatta wheels

This is my first time participating.I have a 91 Reatta, with 16" wheels.Does any body know if the 16" wheels from a cadillac seville are interchangable with my car?<BR>Thanks.

On factory wheels you should be safe with any GM front drive wheel that is 5 x 115.<BR>That would be all the big GM cars, the smaller fwd cars were 5 x 100<BR>On aftermarket wheels, the offset varies quite a few mm and could cause interferrence either on the inside or outside. <P>If you do a search on wheels, there was a couple of long discussions with dimensions and explainations given.

Stock offset for a 16x7 seems to be around 47 mm (what wife's Bonneville wheels are marked). The Enkeis on mine are marked 38 mm and the track is almost an inch wider than stock. The lower the offset, the further the tire sticks out, is apparently measured from the center of the wheel.<P>Am told that backspacing is the real way to measure clearance but few wheel mfrs give that. (American gives both - was going to buy Americans until Sears refused to stand by their sale advt. & went elsewhere for wheels and tires) <A HREF="http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/details.asp?wheelid=85&name=Estrella&picture=Estrella" TARGET=_blank>http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/details.asp?wheelid=85&name=Estrella&picture=Es trella</A> <P>Bolt pattern is 5x115mm. Some have said that 5x4.5" (114.7mm) is so close as to not matter. Do not know about that.<P>Did have secondary consideration: wheels I bought were dual bolt pattern: 5x115 and 5x100 so will also fit my Fiero. Americans above are same (note same part number).<P>BTW, even GM wheels can vary on offset. Wanted 15x7s for my Fiero and found a set of<BR>Beretta wheels for a good price. However the offset was about 3mm less than the Fiero wheel. Fronts fit fine but needed 3mm spacers (listed for a Mercedes) on rear for weights to clear.<p>[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: padgett ]

Believe the Skylark has the smaller 5x100mm lug nut circle - same as Fiero, Cavalier, Grand Am, Alero, etc. - that GM used on smaller cars. Reatta has the larger 5x115mm circle.<P>Thing I wonder about is the incredible tortional loads these kids put on the wheel bearings with these extreeme offsets which is multiplied if they ever crank into a corner.<P>Maybe that's it: they never crank into corners.<p>[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: padgett ]

Reatta is metric except where it isn't. (Actually do not think I have found anything that isn't but do not know where TORX came from.)<P>Of course is hard to tell the difference between 1/4" and 8mm (screws on ECM) or 3/4" and 19mm (lug nutz.<P>Sensors may be inch but head on serpentine belt idler is 18 mm.