Sad news: Craft Centre to be demolished

Guest F14CRAZY

Guest TommyH

ok.heres what we do...everybody floods this company with thier calls if they refuse to sell stuff to use, unless they ssay its because GM doesnt want them to. just to let them know that we mean business. you know?

• 1 month later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I still plan on stopping by their office </div></div>

What did you find out, Phil? Seen any wrecking balls on the site, yet?

I tried to call the phone # supplied in this thread, but got a "This number cannot be disturbed" message.

Reattahomecoming2006045.jpg

Guest F14CRAZY

I did stop by. Security stopped me and asked if I had an appointment...and said to call the demolision company. I wouldn't know what to say to them.

No demolision yet

See if you can get a good phone number for the demo co. The one posted previously is no good.

....and get a photo of the security folks, or demo people/vehicles, then paint-up an old truck to look like thiers, get an old uniform from a dig store which looks distantly like thiers, and bullshirt 'yer thru the gate, "I gotta get this scow over there to remove that crap before they can start with the big machines! We got laborers standin' around over there, and the operators are waitin' for them to clear out! If I don't get in there soon, they'll ALL go on coffee break, and nothin' will get done 'till after lunch!!!" ..all the while someone is screaming thru your Nextel phone! "I know I'm at the wrong gate, traffic is blocked by equipment on the other side, so I gotta go around/thru here!" Then pack the paint booth into the back of 'yer pickup truck.

(just joking, of course!)

..or just get a phone number.

I wonder if we could get the "work station" that the cars were built on.

You could put your car on one and show it on the assembly stand. You would be the only car at the car show with such a display.

Here is all the info I found out about the demo

Sir;

We have no idea as to when or if this plant will be demolished. General Motors makes these decisions and we would not know until public announcements are made. Please contact GM if you have any further questions.

Thank you

David Mardigian

MCM Management Corp.

35980 Woodward Ave.

Suite 210

Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304

P (248) 932-9600 ext. 206

F (248) 406-4146

www.mcmmanagement.com

• 2 months later...

I to would love to have either of the 2 existing "Craft Centre" signs, but it is my understanding that the Signs have been given to the REOlds Transportation Museum. Also there is no other evidence of Reatta's ever having been built there. Even the Signs don't tell you what was built there. Toranado, EV-1, Cavalier convert., Sunbird convert, and the SST were also built in the Craft Centre. There may be some evidence of the SSt left, but I doubt it.