Carburetor paint.

Old26Buick

I would like to paint my carb. First I will glass bead it. I noticed Eastwood has a silver carb. paint. Has anyone used it and is it any good? What I have is a NOS rebuilt carb that has been setting around for quite awhile and want it to look like new. Thanks

To make it look like new, you need to use the finish used by the carburetor companies when it was new. Some of the paint being sold looks decent UNTIL you put gasoline in the carburetor (in other words, it helps to sell the carb to the unknowing on ebay!).

If you must use paint: TOTALLY disassemble the carburetor; acquire expoxy paint (or some other 2 part paint with a hardener), mask off all of the threads, and paint using the instructions that come with the paint.

On carbs we modify for street rods, we first send the bodies out for the original chromate process to protect the metal then after masking, paint with gloss epoxy paint, and place the castings in an <span style="text-decoration: underline">ELECTRIC (DO NOT USE GAS)</span> oven at 125 degrees F. for 1 hour.

Jon.