ladies powder compact

southernbelle

Ladies powder compacts often came as accessories in cars. I am trying to identify this compact with a carmaker and model year.It is an Evans compact with grey leather exterior on both sides and a silver chrome stylized v logo. The interior has compartments for powder, lipstick, coins, and comb. The original mirror, powder puff and comb are in it. On the other side is a compartment for cigarettes. I will attempt to attach a picture.

Any information concerning this compact would be very much appreciated.

post-51138-143137926554_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much Paul for that link. I went there and looked at the pictures. My compact looks eactly like the one shown in the slide show, except that mine is grey leather. The picture looks like blue leather but it was for a 1957. Do you think the grey leather was used in 1958. The color is the only difference I see.By the way,how valuable do you think it is?

WOW !!! THANKS DAVE FOR THIS INFORMATION. I GUESS EBAY IS THE WAY TO GO WITH THIS. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND OUT ABOUT THIS COMPACT FOR A FEW YEARS. WHEN IN HERSHEY, PA. LAST SUMMER, I WENT TO THE HEADQUARTERS OF THE AACA AND A NICE GENTLEMAN THERE SUGGESTED I POST IT ON THIS FORUM AND HE WAS SURE I WOULD BE ABLE TO FIND OUT ABOUT IT. HE WAS SURELY RIGHT. I ALSO HAVE A MERCEDES COMPACT WITH ORIGINAL BOX. I MUST TAKE A PICTURE OF IT AND SEE IF ANYONE KNOWS THE YEAR IT WAS MADE.

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME WITH YOUR KNOWLEDGE