Anyone Know what these are and what they go to??

El_cameron

I was given these by the guy I get my wood from. He said they were "generators" he found in a barn with a bunch of 27 Packard parts (and a 27 Packard). I cant find any markings on two and the third has the model scraped off and the serial of 5B23 which Delco-Remy said they cant use to identify them. I dont know if they are alternators or starters and what they go to. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it.

100_3558.jpg

100_3559.jpg

All three appear to be generators, which were used to make electricity in cars before alternators were invented. The center one is marked 12V, so it's likely from 1956-1962 era.

The center one is obviously a GM part, and the silver hammertite one on the right appears to be GM as well. The one on the left looks like a Ford unit to me (as much as they can be IDed by looks). Of course without model #'s it'd tough to tell what any of them would fit. All three appear to be about the same era/age (1950's, early 1960's).

Guest GCheaney

The one on the left 56-62 Ford 12V 30amps std 8 cyl. The one in the centre rather generic

30-35 amps 53-late 50's GM the short stepdown 12V case was used on a 55 Chevy first then a

few others 55 thru 58?

Heck I was rebuilding these as a business when they were new.

Glenn

http://acewichita.com/

• 4 weeks later...