Repro ironies

Rolf

Looking through the new issue of TWOTZ, I was taken aback to see the several small items Schoppi and I decided to repro several years ago with the help of his friend in Germany with plastic casting skills beyond compare, but now there are at least 2 other folks also offering the very same items, from reports I have heard, their quality is not up to ours, but how much of a market is there for '41 Park light lenses and '36-'37 Tail light lenses?? Ahh, Free Enterprise, that is what made America great. Thanks for letting me vent, Happy New Year, Rolf

I wouldn't worry, Rolf -- the cream rises to the top and word spreads quickly about whose products are the best. As you know, the problem is that it's such a small market for any of these parts. For example, 38-9 taillights and bezels go for big money on ebay, but once someone like Carpenter or Drake reproduces them, the price will fall very quickly. As a '37 owner, there are parts I'd like to see reproduced, but I also know that it would be tough for someone to make money off of them. Oh well.

BTW, Happy New Years