Glenn Neidigh - update

For those of you who know Glenn... health update. Glenn received a new heart on thurs! AMAZING!<P>Keep him in your hearts and prayers that he has a quick recovery!<P>Peter

11:05 AM Mountain Daylight Time --<P>Just received a call from Sandy. Glen is full of tubes, but doing great. The heart was from a young donor. It began beating on its own when the hookup was completed and needed no shock to get it started. Barring rejection problems, Glen should be able to go home in about 8 days and get back to a normal life. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0 <P>Howard Scotland

Go Glenn - were pulling for you!!! And lets not forget to help prop Sandy up too - cards and letters for both would be appreciated Im sure.

Guest snkchevcol

Glad to hear Glenn is on the comeback. I know it has been tough on him and Sandy the last couple years. Hopefully we will see both of them out at the shows before to long (with Sandy giving out orders as usual) Just kidding Sandy.<P>Rock

Guest BruceW

Is there an email address that we can send messages and e-cards to?<P>Don't know them personally, but being that they must be AACA members, then they got to be good folks! <BR> wink.gif" border="0

Would someone in contact with Glenn and Sandy please relay all our best wishes? I can't say I know them either, but I'm pulling for him nonetheless!<P>I also have a lot of respect for the donor's family. Organ donation is not something most families want to think about when they're losing a loved one, but it can bring another family such joy.<P>Isn't modern medicine incredible?<P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region

• 2 weeks later...

Buddy & I have also been wondering about Glen. I mailed a card to the two of them Tuesday and asked Sandy if she could have someone post an update but it will probably be tomorrow or Saturday before they get the card.<BR>Patt

I spoke to Glen this afternoon on the phone just as they were walking in the door from bringing him home from the hospital.<P> Glen says he doing just fine and feeling great! He's walking a mile and a half each day. (in the hospital hallways) He'll be going back to the hospital once a week for checkups and that's pretty much it. <P>Glen sounded great! Told him there was plenty of folks here asking for him. <BR>Glen said to say Hi!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rcirilli

We got an update in Johnstown and it appears things are going so good Sandy is trying to figure out how young the heart is. There appears to be more energy than she was expecting. Everyone attending the Judges breakfast were very happy to hear how good he is doing.