Fiesta hub caps

Bhigdog

What's the story on Fiesta (spinner) hub caps for a 55 S-88. Were they "stock" on any model or were they an option on some or all models. I put regular full disc caps on my recent restoration of a S-88 2 door HT. Are they "correct". I have 3 Fiestas in nice condition and am thinking of buying another but I want to be sure they would be correct. But to tell the truth I think I like the plain full discs better, kind of understated class.......Bob

My '55 Dealer Data Book (dated 1-14-55) has this to say about wheel trim:

Option code X Stainless Steel Wheel Trim Rings - all 88 and Super 88 models suggested retail $11.60. Available on Series 98, if desired, no charge

Option code X1 Chrome Flashed Stainless Steel Wheel Discs - all 88 and Super 88 models (standard equipment on all Series 98 models) suggested retail $13.75.

Option code X2 Deluxe Stainless Steel Wheel Discs - all 88 and Super 88 models suggested retail $50.00

Option code X2 Deluxe Stainless Steel Wheel Discs - all Series 98 models suggested retail $36.25

X2s are Fiesta spinners.

The Mimetic Wire Wheel Discs available in '53 and '54 (option X3) are not shown as available in any of my '55 literature. My '63 parts book makes no mention of Mimetic discs or retainers at all, so they must have been long discontinued. I have seen '55s with Mimetic discs, but I have also seen '50 thru '52s with them and they didn't come out until '53. Mimetics will actually fit on any '41 thru '56 15 inch rim.

Paul

Thanks guys. It looks like my full disc caps are optional and correct. Same for Fiestas. When I asked about wires I meant "real" wires such as Kelsey Hayes. It looks like the wires would not be correct. The more I look at the Fiestas vs full disc I think I'll just keep the full discs. Thanks again for the info...Bob.