Charles H. Selick: Who Will Fill His Shoes?

carbdoc

I suppose that by now everyone knows that Charles H. Selick of Rumson, New Jersey passed away about two months ago. I understand that his passing was unexpected and I am certain that it was a terrible blow to his family.

It was also a real blow to those who collect and restore V8-12-16 Cadillacs built from 1928 to 1933. Charles was a key supplier of carburetor parts for Cadillac (Johnson design) carburetors from this era; I have bought many pieces from him over the years. I again need Johnson carburetor parts, but I am reluctant to disturb his widow with business matters so soon after his passing.

Does anyone know whom I should now contact to buy the parts which I used to purchase from Charles? In this instance, I need to restore a pair of Johnsons from a V12 and I am seeking original-type brass hinges and hangers for the original-type cork floats. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff Dreibus

I will also miss Charlie. He was my number one source for parts for my 1932 Cadillac V8 AWP and nice fellow to talk about old Cadillacs. Fortunately I need nothing for my Cadillac. I believe it is now acceptable for you to call his widow and ask about whom to call for parts. There probably is someone who has taken over his inventory...at least I hope so. Good luck.

Try this gentleman.His name is Paul Blasinsky and he lives in southwestern Pa.He and his brother Martin have older Cadillac's,Auburns etc.a lot of the classic stuff.I believe he's semi-retired but still deals in Cadillac and Packard parts.His phone number is 724 966 7358.Tell him that Mike Pokorny referred you.Good luck.