W 27

RPO W27 was an all aluminum rear end- housing, axle tubes, and cover designed to drop race weight. The W27 cover is just that- a cover that a lot of owners put on the regular 10 and 12 bolt rears just for looks. I expect it's just as heavy as the stamped metal cover. Supposedly the ribs dissipated heat better than the stamped metal cover.

W27 was never too popular. It was expensive and tended to twist and warp under hard use. But it looked cool and that's why Cutlass guys love the covers.

Wayne,

Yeah, that's my olds. I just traded my '97 30th Annivesary Z28 for it. It's an awesome car and I'm really blessed to own it. It's been my dream since I was about 11 years of age to have a 442. It's not a 442, it's a Cutlass SX, which not many olds guys know about. I like it because it's more rare than 442's overall, but just as desirable . It has all of the 442 options, except the hood, and the heads and the cam that came with the W30 442. If you want to know more about my car and the Cutlass SX, go to: http://www.sx455.com/ . Thanks for the compliments!

Sincerely,