1933 Buick Hose Needed

pint4

I recently purchased a 1933 Buick Model 68 and am looking to replace the hoses which seem to go everwhere. Some hoses have what look to be special joints for adding in another hose. See photo. Where does one get hoses with these special fitting that allow you to tap into the side? I am probably not explaining it well.

Thanks.

Bob

post-32850-143137899856_thumb.jpg

You will need to keep the old fittings to tap into a new rubber hose. I suggest you just put a tee on one end of the new hose and hook up the smaller hose from the tee. If the smaller hose goes to a heater, it was probably a retrofit.

Mark Shaw

I am curious about one thing-how many years did Buick put the water pump on the side of the engine connected to the generator with a coupling, I have owned several Buicks but this set up under the hood with respect to the layouout of the 33 engine seems so different. Even the 3 piece exhaust manifold. Not even sure if there are gaskets available for it. I'm afraid to take it apart even though it is cracked in the middle section.

I'm learning!!!

Happy Motoring!!!

Bob

The water pump was in line with the generator through 1935. In 1936 they changed to the new arrangement with it on the front of the engine. Manifold gaskets are available.

Welding the manifold is a difficult problem. I have not heard of anyone making them. When I needed one for the 1935 90 series, I got together with 2 other people that needed them and we made a core box and cast new ones. If you ever get to that point, I will be happy to share with you what we did and what problems we had to solve.

Fred