Rochester Nationals Request

Guest BJM

I always thought it would be fun to be a passenger in other old Buicks that are at the Nationals. I always hesitated to ask because I figured the answer would be NO and it does sound kind of selfish. I don't have a Buick to show this year and provide reciprocal requests. Nonetheless, I am going to put this out there and see if anyone would consider giving me and/or my 4 1/2 year old daughter the privilege of riding in your Buick if even for a short distance. It would sure be a lot of fun and I would enjoy the feeling of being in cars I may never own. Seeing them from the outside and admiring them in a show is one thing. Feeling the wheels move and getting the sense in them is entirely different and to me, more satisfying.

My family and I (Wife Christine, Daughter Abigail) will be staying the full event from Wednesday afternoon through Sunday at the Hilton Garden Inn. I will hopefully be judging the 49-53 class on Saturday. We are signed up for all events including the girls going to Mall of America, we are going to the Pedal Car Museum, the banquet, pizza party, salvage yard, the works.

So if someone is willing to provide a ride, then let me know where you are staying and what car you own. I will note this and either check in when we get there or meet you on the showfield.

Thanks for your consideration of this unusual request.

Jake

Guest my3buicks

3jakes, don't be afraid to ask someone for a ride in their Buick - I can't tell you how many Buicks I have ridden in and even driven, and how many time I have given rides or left people drive my Buicks over the years. Most owners would love nothing more than to give someone that thinks their car was kewl a ride. ASk and you WILL recieve. You can also mostly tell by general conversation if the person would be receptive of giving you or a family member a ride. ENJOY!!!!

Jake,

You are welcome for a ride in one of my Buicks at next year's meet in Seattle. However, this year I am picking up a 1925 "truck" for a friend and will be working on it to participate in the Pre-War Division After-Tour. We'll see if it is driveable when I get there.

Mark Shaw

post-41092-143137899466_thumb.jpg

Jake, I am driving my 40 super convert to the meet, and you and your family are welcome to ride in it. Look me up as I will be around from Wednesday evening until Sunday morning. Look for a Sequoia Cream (light yellow) convert with a brown cloth top ,fender skirts and twin spotlights.

DO NOT TURN DOWN The Old Guy, that is one incredible machine! If you have not had your fill after that one, you are more than welcome in our 58 Limited coupe. Just look for the gigantic rose-colored barge floating around there, you won't be able to miss it.

Joe, if I am really nice, can I tag along? hehe...

Matt

Guest imported_Thriller

If repairs come through, we'll have two cars there - '62 Special convertible and '66 Wildcat. We arrive Tuesday...I was pretty much planning on leaving them on the show field from Wed. to Sun., but I could probably be convinced to take you for a ride...my 3 young 'uns will be at the pizza party as well.

We don't leave until Monday morning, so perhaps Sunday might work (I forget the days you are there from your original post).

My kids like the Wildcat...then again, to them it went from a "broken" state according to my 6 year old to coming home running well and shiny.

Thanks to all. I will look forward to all rides. I hope to open up my daughter's eyes even more too. She helps dad in the garage but all my cars are body off projects. All the Buicks mentioned are cool. Derek, you will probably be burned out from driving that far though. I'm glad to hear there will be other kiddos in the Pizza Party. My daughter meets a kid her age for 5 seconds and she says "This is my friend"