mud guards?

Well, my 89 Scar Face is scheduled to be repainted in a couple weeks and I was wondering about having mud flaps attached behind the front wheels. My thoughts are to help protect the new paint and not for reasons of asthetics! We all know how attractive mud flaps are :-) Anyone know of a factory mud guard available for this car? Thanks for any and all input... grin.gif" border="0

How about some of clear plastic that is being used on the noses of vehicles to protect from stones, bugs, etc. I believe GM used some along the door and fender bottoms a few years ago. Modern tech is good stuff. Mud flaps on a Reatta?

Actually - yes I purchased both the white and black 'Buick' standard OEM flaps. They were, I recall, about $8 for a single pair ($16 for all 4 wheels). They came in a standard 'fit-all' kit, which included 3 pairs of varying length self-tapping screws and inserts.<P>After much deliberation, I decided against the drilling of holes and/or other means of mounting. I supposed I could have gotten some "RTV" or silicone glue to mate the rather hardened rubber within the wheel well, but I never got that far. It probably would have fallen off at the most inoportune time.<P>My 90 White coupe would have probably laughed at me on the white ones, so if I did mount them, they'd be the black ones.<P>I've still got all 8 of them in the trunk still in the original packaging!<P>What I keep looking at is the later model Honda 'form-fitting' flaps/guards on the Accura and Preludes, and still wonder if I could have adapted them to the Reatta. I have yet to come across someone on the road offering them for free though...<P>--Tom<p>[ 05-13-2001: Message edited by: tjenkins ]

• 6 months later...