CCCA magazine problem

K8096

I got my The Classic Car in the mail yesterday. I was surpised to find it was not in its usual clear plastic protective covering, but rather it was completely unprotected and the address label was affixed to the front cover. I contacted two other CCCA friends in my area, and their magazines were delivered the in the same fashion. I assume this was an error on the part of the print shop who puts these together & mails them out, and not a cost cutting measure by the club. My magazine was a little wrinkled from going through the post office machinery, and I'm having a hard time getting the address label off cleanly. To the powers that be: please tell me this was a one time mistake and not a permanent change. Thanks!

I have been informed that this was a one-time error by the printer. It is definitely not a policy change. Most members save The Classic Car magazine, for good reason, and labels should not have to be removed from the cover. I will keep everyone posted as I get more information.

Jon Lee

Guest Chuck Conrad

The color pictures of the Rolls-Royce inside this issue are stunning. Good stuff. I was disapointed by the shipping method though. It's not the way it is supposed to be. At least mine arrived in decent shape, which is more than I can say for most of the other things they crammed into my mailbox. Whoever does it is very good at shredding things.

Tom Goad, V.P. of Publications, is working to get the problem solved. I have been asking members about the condition of their magazines and, so far, about 1 in three has noted some degree of damage and no one is happy about the sticker over the cover photo. When there is more news, I will post it.

Jon Lee

If you have received a magazine with damage, please give a call to Club Headquarters at your earliest convenience. Toni is coordinating with the printer to replace any damaged copies, at their expense, and shipped to you in a wrapper. I don't think this will happen again.

Thank you all for your patience. By the way my own copy arrived without a mark on it, other than that silly sticker over the rear quarter of a fabulous Rolls-Royce.

Jon Lee