Cars I've seen go to the crusher 2

rhb1999

Some more cars, I've seen go to the crusher, like the other list, all since 1998.

'49 Chevrolet 4dr. sedan, finally crushed after 7 yrs.

'49 Dodge 2-dr. sedan grille sold

'51 Dodge 2-dr. sedan

'55 Chevrolet 4-dr. sedan, rough

'56 Mercury Montclair 2-dr. good parts, presumed crushed or possibly sold

'58 Plymouth Belvedere 4-dr. sedan, back halved

'60 Olds Dynamic 88 4-dr. I got a front fender, hood run over by yard equip.

'60 Cadillac coup de ville presumed crushed

'61 Buick Invicta 2-dr. 401 good project presumed crushed or possibly sold

'63 Plymouth station wagon sold

'65 Cadillac coupe de ville 2-dr. HT

'66 Opel 2-dr. sedan

'? Opel GT

'66 Chevrolet Chevelle 2-dr. HT

If I think of more, I'll post them.

Last fall I watched an older couple pull into the scrap yard with a '53 Buick two door hardtop on a trailer. I think the only major thing missing was the hood, even most of the glass was still in good shape. It would have been a great parts car for somebody at worst, a good starting block for someone that would like to restore it as well. I immediately went inside the office in a futile attempt to purchase this vehicle to save it from the crusher. I was told that once the vehicle was on the scale they would not sell them.

I cried for two days!

I would have cried too, knowing this car was going to be crushed, it seems that people today don't want to take the time try to sell things like this. I see nice cars, even nice running cars that are junked. Recently I saw a #2 '90's Buick Roadmaster wagon that someone left at a junkyard. The yard workers were using it in the yard for a time, then one day it was sitting in the yard with it's engine, tranny and front clip gone. At the same junkyard they will take in anything old or late model and it will sit in the yard for about 6 months perhaps more. On the older cars and trucks, if they see at least some part/s coming off, they leave the old cars and crush the rest. The more parts that come off these cars, the longer they'll stay in the yard. I have seen old cars sit in this yard for months and even years, but eventually they all get crushed. They will even sell cars that are in the yard, I bought one before it even got in the yard. But they told me I could not title it and I was to use it for parts only.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they told me I could not title it</div></div>I don't think they can tell you that. If they take your money, it's your car, and if you can get the State DMV to write you a new title for it, you've got a licensable car. This may not be possible in all cases, but I'm reminded of the old adage: "Everything's negotiable."

I bought the 88 Wagon I drive from a junkyard in South Dakota. I put new tires and a battery in it and now have put 34 K miles on it.

The interior was perfect and the paint faded, but it gets me to work and back.

I am considering taking it to the Nationals this year.

Your probably right, I've talked people who were buying cars from this place and they told me they knew of people that could title them. A former manager told me once that if a car has a affidavit on it, it cannot be sold. This may involve the police. As for telling me I can only use the car for parts, it's possible that some people were getting fraudulent titles and they got into trouble somehow. If I think of it, I'll ask the new manager. I may going there tomorrow, good place good people.