Carlisle reports

Terry Bond

Ok-back, dried out (yup, heavy rains Fri night/Sat). Sold a few trinkets, bought a few, think I broke even. So, how do you feel about the changes in the flea market? Looks like their efforts to bring back the good old auto parts swap meet are working. Seemed to be a few more real auto parts people there. Think they moved most of the beanie-babies and other crap to the far side of the field so we wouldn't have to look at it. Saw some good stuff but not as much pre-war as I'd like. What was your impression? What did ya find?

Terry

Sorry I missed you Friday. We were in a hurry knowing the rains were coming and two of us only had one day to get it done.

Between my brother, me and a friend $2,500 was spent with the main prize being a name brand used valve grinding machine in excellent condition, and containing all the parts and pieces. GTO water pumps with correct date code, trailer straps, 39 Caddy mirror, special rivets for the Delco plates, sandblaster cabinet vacuum, etc. Booty was obtained.

I did notice there did not seem to be as many tin can airplane makers, etc there. My friend sold a 64 convertible Rambler. Overall a good day. It could have been worse, I could have been at work.

Guest Debby Soucia

We got there Wednesday late afternoon so we walked the car correl just to see if there was some thing we could not live with out. At 7:00 the next morning we started looking, found our lug nuts for the 1927 Hupmobile, the ropes for the inside back seat that you use to get in,other odd stuff but not much. Friday we got the bead blaster, trailer hitch, chains, and walked the car correl again. Headed home on Friday night with a new enclosed trailer that we had ordered but it was almost empty, no cars this time.

I was glad to see that many venders and was glad to see not to many crafts.:):)

Debby