56 quarter on a 55?

piche582

Just scored a deal on 56 Roadmaster that I'm gonna hawk some parts of off for my 55 that I like better the 55 stuff. Was wondering if the 55 and 56 quarter panels are interchangeable? Both are Roadmaster 4dr Sedans. How about the doors?

Guest imported_MrEarl

I would be surprised if any of the actual body panels would interchange since the stance / body height of the 56 was lowered from the 55. I'm only speculatin here though. The sweep spears might. If you're customizin, it would be cool if the trunk chrome would fit the 55. I love that 56 Roadmaster trunk chrome.

When I first came to Buick Fact. 78 a lot of us finished our 8 hrs,& went upstairs to work on the 56 show cars.These were all 55 models except for new front sheet metal,new dash ,interior & outside trim & bumpers & grill.If you look at the photo of the 4-door Special taken at the Grand Hotel on Mackinaw Island,you can see where we cut the tail pipe off behing the rt rear wheel because that was easier than extending it to the exaust outlet in the bumper that was new in 56. Maybe the quarters are the same,I dont know for sure.

Found a pic of the 55-56. All the cars on the island were pulled by horses because no cars can be driven there & the Grand hotel is up on a hill.

post-35886-143137892289_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the lower "J" bars on the rear bumper too?

JD </div></div>

Wake up John, you're having a _ _ _ dream!!!!!! blush.gifgrin.gif