Moving to Colorado

Guest rodney

Guest rodney

I'm relocating from Vermont to Colorado Springs over the summer and have two questions:

1. Does anyone know if there are any car clubs and/or shows and gatherings for classic cars there?

2. I have been getting quotes from carriers (open transport) that have varied by a $1,000. Lowest so far was a company I got out of Hemmings named Classic Car Guy. The gentleman I spoke to is a broker who seeks the least expensive company. Has anyone had dealings with them or know of an inexpensive company that they liked?

Thanks,

Rod

You might want to give a call to Rich Lederer in Arlington 802.375.9561. I think he would go to Colorado, especially if he has some flexibility in picking something up on the way back. That way it will save you money, and he is real careful. And you can mention my name, if you want. I just talked to him today about another job to FL for someone else.

John Scheib

• 9 months later...

Have you settled into Colorado Springs? I am looking to find an older car for a wedding on March 10, 2007, in Colorado Springs (Shove Chapel; I am thinking of a 1935 - 1940 style Rolls Royce, Bentley, Hudson, etc. Any info leading to such a match would be appreciated!!

Lassie

Guest GRANNYS 70 SKYLARK

I was pleased with a company called Autolog www.autolog.net who transported my '70 Skylark from upstate NY to Daytona Florida at a cost of $640

You can get a "quick quote" on line and the quote will no doubt be the actual price you'll pay. No brokers so you cut out the middle man and his fee.

It was an open hauler and the car was delivered in perfect condition and on time, too.

Guest fourholer

Hi everyone, It has been a while since I have visited this site. For some reason, I could not log-in under Rodney anymore; hence my new name.

I am now living in Colorado Springs and we have gotten more snow over the last few weeks than I ever remember getting in Vermont. I hired a company to move my car and it was a disaster. I contracted the move in August and the car did not arrive until November. The car had damage to the roof. The company is paying for the damage but it was a problem I didn't need. Anyway, I am having the car repainted while the damage is being repaired and Estelle ('51 Roadmaster) will then have some engine work done. She will be ready by Spring (if the snow ever leaves).

I will be joining a Buick Chapter in the next few weeks but in the meantime, I have joined the VMCCA and they are a great group of people! They are very excited to have a Roadmaster in the fold.

By the way, I bought a house here in Colorado Springs with a garage (something I didn't have in Vermont). Estelle just barely fits in by an inch and a half. No continental kit for me!

Happy New Year!

Rod

Guest fourholer

I just got a look at my car after the repair and the paint. It brought tears to my eyes. Estelle looks like she had been sitting on the floor of a Buick dealership all these years and had never been sold. The owner of the shop said he really enjoys old cars and his specialty is black so I went to the right place. He told me that as soon as I get my engine work completed, I was to bring the car back for a detailing and another coat of wax free of charge.

The shop is located in Colorado Springs. Wreckmasters, I can't reccomend them highly enough.

Rod