Need 84 Cutlass Supreme front hood ornament

84_oldsSupreme

The front emblem was stolen from my olds and I need help finding a replacement. I need the complete assembly because the thief broke the plastic crome strip that connects.

Help locating a replacement piece would be greatly appreciated. I have a picture of what it looks like should anybody require (see the attachment).

Thank you

post-45128-143137887888_thumb.jpg

Well, I can only search US dealers. There about 12 that show one in stock - probably the closest to you is Henderson Chevrolet in Henderson, Nevada. (702)558-2438. No dealer stock in the Pacific Northwest. Let me know how you make out with them. If you don't, I can provide more dealers.

Paul

UPDATE: I was just too busy to call these guys so I emailed them on Tuesday. No responce yet. Any chance you know of another dealer I can check out? I want to order the part soon. The hole above my grill is making me angry everytime I look at it. I love my olds and want her back to par. Sure you can understand that obsession.

UPDATE: Well, I have found the ornament but not the complete assembly. It seems that the part does not come with the crome strip/holder that the ornament fits into. The picture in my original post displays what I'm talking about (complete assembly). In fact, most dealers we spoke with have no idea what the part #/name is for that thing (if they were even nice enough to check their inventory to see if it was included). See, the thief (sob) ripped off the ornament and most of the crome strip. Damn.

Anyone know what that part is called/#? Ideas? I can order juat an ornament, with the spring, for a decent price ($41) but I need the whole deal to fix my ride. If I had the correct description it would really help.

Man, if this is what I have to put up with to replace a part for an '84...I can only imagine what collectors of much older models have to endure. People who steal so calously have only my contempt.

And...again...I'm very greatful to the people who have helped me on this forum. I'll be in your dept.

If I had to call that thing something, I would call it a hood center molding extention. But there is no name for it, because it's not listed separately in the catalog. And the illustration shows it all as one piece. So you're saying that the part number I gave you is the ornament itself (with the spring) and nothing else? That seems odd. I know I've had a couple of ornaments in my hand already and they were the whole thing. One was for a Diesel, the other was for a '76 Grand Prix. Even the picture you have shows it all as one piece.

The other thing is, coupes and sedans take different part numbers. I don't know why I just thought of this - the part number I gave you was for a coupe, I just assumed that's what it was. Anyway, the ornament itself should be the same, it's the base that's different between a coupe and a sedan because the front sheet metal is totally different. So if it was just the ornament itself the part number would be the same for both models, but it's not.

Strange.

Paul

ya, it was my father that did the calling yesterday that lead to that discovery. It seemed silly to me that the part would be sold seperately. He said he called quite a few places and that was the story. So, I'm kind of at a loss as what to do next. I'm sure I could acquire the base from a wrecker because if another olds had its emblem taken once, the base might be left. Problem there is, most wreckers have the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced and couldnt be bothered to check their inventory or, especially, their lot. Either you find it yourself and say "how much" or don't bother them, which is kind of impossible when your calling from out of town (tried local wreckers). Anyway...thats the situation.

Final Update: Yup, my Dad was somehow confused about what the part included (what I suspected). I resent him the picture and he used that to send to the dealer...and...the part is on its way.

Thank you for the help, Oldsfan. I owe you. If you need help is someway please let me know.