Attention 2006 Newsletter Editors

If you are wondering what we are looking for in a newsltter, see my post under "Newsletter Seminar".

Of important interest to you is the fact that the Rummage Box, as I understand it, will only be published on line at this website beginning in 2006. Editors who are not on line can continue to receive the Rummage Box hard copy. This will make it very important for you to check the website for the newest issue of the Rummage Box periodically. The decision to offer it this way was not in my area of responsibility. Although I'm certain my information here is correct, if I'm wrong I'll soon know and relay that information back to you.

Several Editors have asked to send the newsletter by email only for the contest? Worse yet, in PDF. That is not acceptable to me. The amount of time to download PDF is longer, and it must be printed out to read it. The cost in time and money here, which would include ink and paper, should a whole large number of newsletters be done that way, would be unacceptable. We can't allow one to do this, unless we allow all who ask, and that simply would be too great a burden for the members of the Publications Committee.

If you want to send your newsletter to your members that way, that is fine, if it is fine with them, but it will be necessary to print it out and mail it to the members of the Publications Committee.

Earl D. Beauchamp, Jr., VP - Publications

Thanks Earl.

Might I add that a paper copy just looks better when advertizing your Region's value to the community,too. It's always good to give an occasional copy to your advertizers to show what their money is buying. Be proud of your newsletter and show others why you're proud.

Wayne