Rear Window for 40-42 Formal Sedan/Rollson

Joe Block

There a rear window for sale on ebay, I am looking for one for my formal sedan 42 and 42 limo

I not anywhere near where the storage unit is.

Does any one have the size. pattern or details.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4610156184&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

This includes a beveled glass and frame which would be nice.

joe

• 10 months later...

Good Morning Joe: Do not have the window you are looking for but do have

another item in which you may have an interest.

I am the third owner of a 1942 Packard sales book. The title on the

cover is PACKARD SENIOR CARS 1942. It has a gray cover and the title is in

white letters. The overall book measures 13 inches long and 10 and 1/4 in.

wide. Inside are two pouches which contain pictures of the One-Sixty and

One-Eighty models. Each pouch contains six pictures measuring 12inches

long and 9 inches wide. On the reverse of each picture are pictures of

the interior and a description of the interior appointments and a general

description of the car. Fastened in the center, on white pages, is a twelve

page booklet describing the 1942 Packard and its many advantages. The pictures

include all formal sedans and interiors as well as the beautiful One-Eighty

Convertible Victoria. This is the only one of these pieces I have seen,

although there certainly must be others. It is in excellent condition and

I am asking $150.00 with the buyer to pay shipping. The interior pictures

alone would be very helpful in restoring a formal model. If you are

interested email me at Brooker50158@hotmail.com Thanks, Patrick W. Brooks

Hi Joe:

We specialize in antique, classic auto glass. I have some new back windows for Packards but I don't think anything going back to the early 40's. However, we have access to some stock from several vendors who don't advertise it. Please confirm if this is the 1942 Formal Clipper 5 passenger 4 Dr Sedan Model 180, also known as Series 2007. This I assume would be a curved back window.

Best way to respond is thru my email address:richardt@prosourceglassintl.com

Thanks & Happy New Year,

Richard

Guest bkazmer

Joe, I'm familair with the LeBaron and Darrin "catalog customs" but a Rollston may be a one-off. (I've seen the Yellow/black 41 town car, but that's it) If it's curved you will need a glass bender. If you can't find a commercial source, I may be able to help with some wheedling with a glass company tech center.

I'll gladly take payment in AC parts! (just kidding)

My brother owns a 1942 Rollson town car, non razor-edge version. The glass for the back light is flat, and much smaller than the curved windows you normally would find on a formal sedan. Also, there is no metal suround like that of the formal sedans. The leather top wraps around the opening. When taken apart, there is a wood structure that fills most of the original opening, and the glass fits into an opening in the wood.

West

Thanks for the information. If possible could you get me the dimensions, and a picture. greatly appreciated. It for my rear compartment on my 42 limo. I decided to do the top similar to a Rollson. I can afford the real thing, but it be a great drive for me.

thanks Joe

I'll get some photos of the back of my brother's car as soon as I can... with dimensions.

I just talked to him and he said that the original window is actually still behind the wood structure and padded top. He'll take some photos of the finished product. Unfortunately he doesn't have any photos of the structure when the new top was put on. The wood structure, evidently is not as thick as I was thinking. It's just deep enough to cover the window indentation.

I can get a copy of the rear compartment Evaporator made up for you, as I got the pattern now. I.e an original sitting in the back of my 42 now. As to the compressor I still looking, I have the motor mount, but not compressor, I be happy to get the manufacturer name, I bet id just off a commercial refrigeration unit from the late 30. West check his 40 for me but it did have any tag number or a manufacturer. I could probably cast a cylinder on york base that be hard to tell a part form an original.

Do you have any AC parts at all maybe we can work together and make some of the missing pieces. i got lots of time over here in the desert.