30's-40's 9' long bed pu box wanted

Reg Evans

• 1 month later...

Reg, send a drawing or photo of what you want the sides to look like. I may be able to fabricate them for you. I recently fabricated bed sides and end panel for a 1942 Dodge 1/2 ton pu. I also have experience working on the vintage power wagon boxes. John Worden 405 Green Mountain Road, Green Mountain Iowa 50632 Phone 641-474-2313 Thanks John Worden

Guest BillP

Easy way would be to add some wood racks to poke into the stake pockets. In fact, that's what I have on mine.

If you built up higher sides out of sheet metal, of course you'd need a higher head board and tailgate. The taller tailgate would be a project, especially if you want to duplicate the stamped beading and the D O D G E in the center.

I can use a stock tailgate from a 48 Dodge 1 ton which came with the taller bed sides. I would use the taller bed sides from the same type of truck but they have stamped ribs on the sides to match the motor cycle looking back fenders. I want to use the 39-47 rear fenders so the truck looks stock. The bed sides will need to have no pattern stamped on them like the stock 39-47 beds do.