75' Oldsmobile Omega - PRODUCTION #'S NEEDED PLEASE

Guest Shaffer

Guest Shaffer

Hello. My uncle is trying to find out how many 75' Oldsmobile Omega 2drs were made? Also- the main thing is how many were V8 models, with the optional 5-speed manual. He did not even know they existed until this car- then further research confirmed that it was optional (at least the site he was on). Can anyone confirm this and also- how many? He also said it had another name other than Omega- like a unusual trim line name after it.

Thanks in advance!

'75 Omega production was not broken down by engine or transmission type. There were 6,287 Omega Hatchbacks and 14,306 Omega Coupes. There were also 1,636 Omega Salon Hatchbacks and 2,176 Omega Salon Coupes. Salons were about a $700 premium over the base models. My specs book only shows automatics and 3-speed manuals available, but it is the Dec. 10 '74 edition. Maybe the 5-speed was an option that was added later in the year, because it was available with the 260 V8 in '76. If he's latched onto a 5-speed Salon, I'd say that's a rare bird. But rare doesn't always mean desirable/valuable.

Guest Shaffer

Thanks Oldsfan. He told me this evening that it is actually a 1976 Omega, with a factory V8 and 5-speed. He also said it was a coupe (with a trunk) rather than a hatch. Do you have the #s on those? Also, can you provide the #s for the 4drs for a comparison.

Thanks again!

• 15 years later...

Thanks for the production numbers. Here is a picture of a picture of my 1975 Olds Salon Hatchback. That is the original paint with a white interior. It's a Factory corporate car with a Buick 350 4bbl and a turbo 350 trans behind it. Has a 3:08 8.5" rear gear ratio with front and back anti-swaybars. I bought this car back in 1980's from a friend for $200 with a blown head gasket and repaired it myself. I dropped the stall speed by installing a larger torque converter and tweaked the Quadrajet carburetor's part throttle fuel adjustment screw and was able to get 25 miles to the gallon City driving and the car was able to keep up with and stay next to Pontiac 400 Trans Am's and a 73 big port 4V Grand Ranchero back in the day. I still have the car today covered up. I have the trim that goes between the two side windows not shown in this pic. I noticed the VIN shows it as a Hatchback even though it obviously has the Salon package with the aluminum steering wheel. Does anyone know what other VIN number or where the other package numbers exist? 20210724_120445.jpg.76713487db039ac51d194d201dfae4ea.jpg

In 1975 the Salon was available as either a hatchback or a four door. Yours appears to be an Omega S, not a Salon. The S package was available on the base Omega, which was offered in a two door, four door, or hatchback. The S package included the four spoke steering wheel and the SuperStock III wheels. See the writeup in the lower RH corner of this page from the dealer brochure. The second character of the VIN will be a "B" if the car is a base Omega and a "C" if the car is an Omega Salon.

1975_Oldsmobile_Full_Line-06-07.jpg

Edited by joe_padavano (see edit history)