56 88 Holidy Coupe exhaust

Bixter

Im digging deep into my car and have

The passenger side (right) exhaust manifold has 2 outlets, one went to a muffler and the other one was blocked with a homemade metal seal which closed off the outlet. It is like a T with the bottom of the T coming from engine and the 2 sides are exhaust outlets. Anyone know what went on the other side of the T?

On Fusick I saw a great looking dual exhaust bumper ornament. Were these stock with the car? Is there anyway I can tell if these were once on my car? Does anyone have any 56 pictures with these? There is a picture of a 56 on this site but the deflectors are from 55. Thanks again for everyones great help!

Originaly the drivers side went under the motor and connected back into the pass side before going out- thats why the manifold exits forward on driverside. Not sure on 56 but my 57 had duals and theres two notches in the tranny crossmember for them- maybe single cars might have a different crossmember?

good luck

• 2 months later...

the block off plate was for factory dual exhaust. The ornament's you saw on fusick were for the factory dual bumper. The factory dual bumper had notches on the bumper bottom with mounting attachments for that deflector ornament. the bumper also had brackets welded above the notches on the inside for exhaust pipe hangers which the standard bumper does not. Hope that helps.

Guest imported_pete324rock

Can anyone tell me if those ornaments are functional? From the pictures it doesn't appear so.I have a dual exhaust bumper that needs plating and what was said is correct-they differ from the singles.Wonder how scarce those ornaments are-I recall something about them not reproducing any more of them.Just wondering....pete