Virginia Inspection Stickers of the 50s

Gman

Does anyone know the location on the windshield for a '56 Virginia inspection sticker?

I have been told that the top center is correct, but I wanted to be sure before adhering the sticker.

Thanks in advance.

Q; Does anyone know of a site which would possibly show pictures of Virgina vehicles from this era?

The answer is simple. On cars with divided windshields it went to the far lower right on the passenger side at the bottom, sitting in the car facing out. On the wraparound windshields it went it approximately the same place just to the forward of the curve. I put up with those from 1961 back, when a six pack could get a car with a bad master cylinder through inspection. Oh, it was't me! Arlington was home. Now that was a great place to grow up! When they did away with the county tag and replaced it with a sticker, then both stickers were moved to just right of center at the bottom. I still have an old Buick half windshield with a 1940s inspection sticker on it.

Thanks for the location info; I bought a 56 Va. sticker from a man who reproduces old stickers and he said it should go in the top center, which sounded odd.

I have a 55 Ford panel and wanted to put this "new old" sticker in the correct location.

Thanks,

Paul

PS: Just incase anyone else is interested, or may have an old sticker wanting to be reproduced, his website is:

www.roberthoyt.net