PA License plate

FMF

I just read an article in today's edition of the Allentown Morning Call (Road Warrior) that states it's a violation of the PA Vehicle Code to display an old official registration plate on the front of a vehicle. I assume this also applies to antique cars since there were no distinctions made.

I don't plan on removing my 1925 PA plate anytime soon !

Guest Silverghost

Here in PA "Big Brother Is Watching"!!!

Several years ago a Phladelphia city Councilman (ANGEL ORTIZ) was caught driving without a Pa. Dirvers Licence...It was later found that HE NEVER HAD A PA DRIVERS LICENCE, NOR ANY DRIVERS LICENCE FOR THAT MATTER IN THE PAST 25 YEARS!!! YET STILL HE DROVE HIS CAR EVERYDAY!!! When asked about this he just laughed...and said..."I Just forgot!!!"

As I have always said...LAWS are for "THE Ordinary People"...Political "Leaders" think they are ABOVE & EXEMPT From the law!!!

If you, or I had done the same thing we would still be sitting in a PA. jail cell!!!

The MORE laws+(Rules) that lawmakers make...The more power they then have over ordinary folks like us...The more new laws...The more power they give themselves...

And WE LET THEM DO IT!!!

I say...KEEP that old front plate...&...Don't

worry too much about it!!! Angel Ortiz did not worry about not having a drivers licence for 25 years...

He is still driving his car everday...

By the way...He is still in office...He was re-elected!!!

If you have a "Problem",and are stopped when using that old plate...Just call old Angel Ortiz

and he will "Take care of the Problem for you!!!"

Just like he did for his Drivers Licence!!!

Sad....BUT Very TRUE STORY!!!

I read that story too.

The regulation says, "A single registration plate shall be located on the rear of the vehicle so as to be illuminated by the license-plate light,'' which also is required, by the way. The plate must be horizontal, clearly visible and securely attached at least 12 inches from the ground."

I interperet that to mean that only one plate is to be displayed on the rear. It says nothing to address having another plate somewhere else. If it doesn't say you can't do it, then you can, IMHO....Bob

Guest De Soto Frank

The PA motor vehicle code is on-line, at the state website (use the site address on any current PA plate !).

I'm pretty certain that it is not legal to display ANY registration plate on the front of a PA vehicle that is registered under a "regular" PA plate.

You could always e-mail the DMV a question as to whether YOM plates are allowed on the front of a antique-tagged vehicle.