Owner`s Manual DB 1917

Guest Leandro

Leandro, look at the top of this page where it says "resources". Click on library, click on online search, type in 1917 Dodge Brothers. You will find the AACA library has a 6th edition DB book of information. Send Kim an email with the number for the book and tell her you want a copy. It will cost you a few bucks and she will send it to your door. They have other '17 literature also. Lots cheaper then Ebay.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Been reading about what you know about 1917 DB manuals. Would you suggest a reliable engine overhaul reference for a 212 cubic inch Lhead #132874. It has been worked on (pistons do not match) and has inserts instead of babbit bearings.

Maybe the owner's manuals that you told Leandro about have enough specifications and part numbers.

Rich

post-44487-143137881173_thumb.jpg

Hi MoneyPit.

Would be interested in it if the price is not out of my budget. Does it have about 62 pages. We have an engine to rebuild and could use the information it contains. So, condition is not as important as the information. Sure appreciate your watching out for me. Looking for parts for this 1917 212cu inch 4 cylinder L head. Need pistons and valves so far. Someone must have worked on it and replaced the poured bearings with inserts.

Rich

You can contact me directly if you prefer. rd33536@alltel.net

Thanks

Rich:

If you have rebuilt an engine before then you should be able to rebuild your Dodge engine without a manual. It is a very simple engine with the only information you really need are tollerances and how to time the engine. Everything else is standard engine rebuild 101. Egge and Romar have valves and pistons if you need them.

Thanks

Jan

I found the manual, I'll mail pictures directly to you within the next few days (I'm going to be away for a couple of days). I think the workshop manual reprint that "nearchocolatown" mentioned is a better idea than this booklet, the information is nice, but not as in-depth as the other. It has 61 pages plus the fold-out lube diagram that is usually missing, my price is $65.00 and I'll pay the shipping.