Reatta Sign

jonlabree

I was talking to the service manager at my local Buick dealer when he told me he thought he had the original Reatta sign stored away. As he described it it was about 36' x 4' and had the Reatta logo in the center, and lettering above and below. I don't think it was lighted. I told him I would like to buy it from him.

Can someone give me an idea of what it might be worth?

Chuck Parry is probably the expert on what was available, look at the pictures of his garage.

The common lighted Reatta signs were the 36" oval "R" and those go for $400+

The other one is a lighted rectangle, black borders and they came with two Reatta pictures, a red coupe and red convertible and you could interchange the pictures, my guess on the size of that one is 2 x 3. I could have purchased one of these this fall for $50

Chuck has a large, non-lighted Reatta poster that is about 4 x 6 feet.

There was a Reatta billboard size poster available that would be great to do one wall of your garage but I have never actually see one.

Somewhere I have the order form for the billboard but cannot put my hands on it at this time.

The only sign that I know of that matches the description is the large round sunburst sign with the R emblem in the center with lettering "Buick" above and "Reatta" below. Ths sign is illuminated and very nice. To see a photo of the sign do a search with Chuck Parry in the text, specify 1 yr. or less. The post with the photos were placed on 9/23/5. As far as what it is worth is up to you. If I were to sell either of my signs I would want over $1000 for either one. They are very rare. The measurments you gave do not seem correct. He may have been trying to estimate the size by saying 3-4 feet not 3' x 4'. That sounds correct because the round sign I described is 36 inches in diam. Ask the dealer if it is round. If so it is the sign I described. Good Luck.

Chuck Parry