My first ever garage, more like a bedroom for the car..........

bschemesc/rambler

We moved into a new place with a garage so I was able to get the SC in Harley in where there is HEAT !!!!!!!!!! This beats the heck out of keeping them in a cold storge building.

The garage is more like a bedroom for these toys. I put down carpet and added a little fridge and TV. It has been very cold and snowy here in Pa over the weekend so I just sat in the SC/Rambler and watched Miami Vice on the TV !!!

That felt like it took a lot of years off me,I felt like a big kid and my wife was happy to agree with that statement.She did bring me my dinner as I sat in the car,life can be very good at times. When I need to do any real work to them I take them to my friends garage as he has all the tools and such.

Maybe someday I can have a two stall garage but that could take another twenty years.

Having fun on a cold winter day,

Matt

post-36072-143137879724_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you run out of room you can do this.

2097654_28_full.jpg

Continental Collection </div></div>

I have a friend with a hoist like that.They are very nice and if I can get a decent (DRIVER) 1966 Mustang for the wife I might have to get one.

I love those 1956 continentals,every body line on those cars are just perfect unlike my Rambler but I still love it anyway.Your blue convertible is just outstanding.

Thanks,

Matt

The above attachment will show you the first ever shop class project I ever made in the 7th grade. It is of a Duesenberg,I think a 1932,the photo came out of a calendar from 1979 I think.Maybe someone on here knows of the car??? If they do please let the owner know my story. I got a B+ for my grade on that project. It was the first thing I hung on the wall of my first ever garage.

Thanks,

Matt

post-36072-143137879732_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dear Barry,YOU got a cover to protect the Lincoln from that LEAKER.diz shocked.gifsmile.giflaugh.giftongue.gif </div></div>

(In the voice of the Governator) "It's not a Lincoln". It's a Continental.

There's a piece of 5/8" plywood under the Porsche Continental. I had to remember to slide it to the back of the car though. The Mark II is covered though.

My friend Martin who owns a 1970 AMX and is also a Iraq war veteran came up today to watch a little football. He passed on the big screen in the livingroom and went stright for the best seat in the house,see attachment. His wife thinks he is a nut case also. She doesn't mind though as he really fought for the freedom that allows us to have such enjoyment,THANKS TROOPS.

Matt

post-36072-143137879734_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dear Matt,Sounds to me like your buddy Martin EARNED the best seat in the house.....errrrr CAR.I talked to Martin earlier in the evening and he wanted to know when YOU were going to allow popcorn and beverages in the shocked.gifTHEATER shocked.gif.Both of you take care.diz smile.gif </div></div>

Diz ,Food is allowed in this AMC theater ! ! ! The seats even recline while you enjoy the show, Those reclining Rambler seats are famous and I think they were responsable for the BABY BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Matt

post-36072-143137879736_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you run out of room you can do this.</div></div>

Here is how I fit 3 cars and 3 boats in my 2 car garage! If I had a llift I could double that. grin.gif What you can't see is there are enough parts in there to to build another Amphicar.

3_of_4_colors.jpg

Guest Silverghost

Matt: In the late 70's I had a car buddy (We both owned + restored MG TC-TD-TFs) that had an 1860's Stone barn that I was helping convert into his new home!!! Where the origional sliding barn doors were I added a large pair of French Doors that opened-up onto his lawn. In November of 77 the barn-house was finished and the family moved in + threw a big party for all who were involved in the conversion project. I arrived early to help Bob Z. set-up for the party. When I went into the dining room where the french doors were I was shocked to find his restored 1951 MG TD parked in the center of the dining room with the buffet table on the side of it!!! When I asked about it Bob replied "Well I don't have a garage and you don't expect me to leave the MG out in the winter Weather do you ??? He had driven it inside +drained all the gas out of it's tank!!! His wife did not seem to mind as she had not yet bought a dining room set!!! I thought this was GREAT!!! This room was very big and he had turned the track lighting to spot on the car... At the party the car was a bigger conversation starter than the house!!! For about four years the car stayed warm + cozy each winter in the dining room!!! Sadly Bob Zinberg, the MG TD's owner passed away one year later!!!

Bob really loved his MG...It was part of his family!!! The barn is still there...Sadly Bob and his MG are not!!! Cindy, his wife sold the barn, along with his MG soon after Bob's untimely death...

I still have my 1952 MG TD...When I see + Drive it I always think of Bob and other old car buddies who are now gone but not forgotten!!! frown.gif

Now for the next question Matt, who painted the Ford Econoline up to look like an SC/Rambler?? I'd like to see some pictures of that.

As for space, you'll never have enough. Our barn is full (50x100), my basement and garage is full, my dad's basement and garage is full, and we still have to keep a car out in the car trailer to get more space. We went as far as to put my dad's basement steps on hinges so we can pick up the stairs and put more cars in the basement.