65 lesabre resto

oliwood

I've been trying to find information and parts to restore my buick. I can't find anything related to this until now. I hope I can get a lot of tips. This is my first restoration attempt. It is a two door coupe with a great body. It should take to terribly much, but it should be fun.

Guest my3buicks

Hello, and welcome to the world of Buicks. Do you have pics of your car you can share with us? I would recommend you join the BCA if you havn't yet. The monthly magizine has a parts for sale section, often has tech tips, and articles of other great Buicks. There is also a roster pubplished that would list other members with cars like yours or sililar. You may also want to check if past issues have had any articles on your model. 65's have that great unique double barrels in front of the driver for speedometer and clock. Tell us more about your car.

Guest my3buicks

Don't forget a very important source for your 65 - EBAY!!!!!! You should pick yourself up a 65 sales brochure, service manual for starters, collect ANYTHING you can literature wise for your car, it can only help you in the long run Body/chassis manual and a 65 parts book are also great resources. If by chance you are not ebay savvy, type in 1965 Buick or 65 Buick in your search, and go wild!!!! There is a ton of stuff on there for 65's.

Oliwood, I own three '65 Buicks and restored an Electra about a year and a half ago. I don't claim to be an expert but I can sure give any questions a good try.

At some point I want to add a 65 LeSabre 400 4dr sedan to my fleet. I also have a box full of '65 Buick literature for reference purposes. I'd be glad to help. Just post your questions and photos. Steve

thanks guys. My dad bought the car about eight years ago sith intent to restore. Its been past down to me see as I am going to mechanics school. All I really know wbout the car is that its a white with grey interior, two door, and I beleive its got a 389 v8 auto. I heard rumors that they had a tri-carb setup available. I haven't messed with the car for years, sincs high school. I wasn't to classic savy back then. I will see the car next over x-mas, seeing as i'm in a different state going to school. I will have a ton more questions then.

65 LeSabres all have 300 C.I. engines, available with 2 or 4 barrel carbs. The 2 barrel engines show "<span style="font-style: italic">WILDCAT 310</span>" on their air cleaner and the 4 barrel ones are " <span style="font-style: italic">WILDCAT 355</span>". If your car has "400" badges on it's rear quarters, it means it has the "ST 400" 3 speed automatic transmission AND the 300 engine with a 4 barrel carb ( <span style="font-style: italic">WILDCAT 355</span> ). The numbers on the air cleaners are the torque rating, not the displacement.

• 4 years later...
Guest Timothy26

Can somebody please tell me if theres a catalog where you can order parts.....bumpers....interior that you can order from for the 65 lesabre...Ive search everywhere and had no luck...and ebay only have a few items....thankz