unusual Reatta

122838B

I ran across a 91 Reatta with body-colored bumpers (no bare metal)and body-color side moldings. I had not seen this before. Was this a regular production Reatta or some kind of special edition? I do know it sure looked nice. How does the Select 60 differ from a regular production Reatta?

Guest tempest68

It was up to the dealer as to whether the car had black moldings or body-color-matching ones put on. Maybe Barney has some idea of the percentage of each? (got to www.reatta.net and look at the "database"...which style molding is one of the pieces of information Barney is tracking, so you could try to draw statistics from the sampling of VINs listed).

There were two "Select 60's". The 1988's were black. The 1990's were White Convertibles with flame-red interiors and 1991 style wheels but with the bulk of the wheels being white as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There were two "Select 60's". The 1988's were black. The 1990's were White Convertibles with flame-red interiors and 1991 style wheels but with the bulk of the wheels being white as well. </div></div>

I just learned something. I never knew about the Select 60s other than the black 88s.

Guest F14CRAZY

I looked up the BMW on ebay. I generally don't like German cars but this one's pretty Hardcore. I wouldn't doubt it flies like (enter 4 letter F word). And it looks awesome.

Guest MauiWowee

Brian, it's hard to tell from your avatar, but does your Maui have color trim also? If so, could we have a pic?

Thanks

Guest MauiWowee

Very nice Brian. Thanks for the pic. (You too EDBSO) Nice touch with the blue wire looms. My A/C insulation behind the radiator is melted, is yours replaced? Is that stuff available?.

(yes, we know about the infamous Mario, F14)

Thanks for the kind words MauiWowee and EDBSO,

My A/C line isolation was disintegrating slowly, but not necessarily melting. I didn?t try to source the original material and did not want to break/open the system to install, so I went the cheap way out. I got some standard ¾? plumping pipe insulation from the locale building supply store. It had peel and stick self-adhesive strips to close it up around the A/C line. I placed the seam so it is not easily visible. The adhesive did start to let go at each end after a while, so I installed a single black wire tie about a ½? from each end to help keep it stay closed. Maybe some day I?ll try to make some kind of collar similar to what is use with braided hoses for the ends. I have not had any melting problems with the new insulation.

The BMW 8-series coupe, was a wicked car, although they tend to be quite expensive.

I've heard that they aren't particularly great in the performance area, stock, but I've never driven one. If I were to get a BMW, because there was a gun to my future-wife's head, I'd go with the 8-series.

<span style="font-style: italic">Now for more propaganda:

Apparently, the U.S. Postal Office feels it's necessary to produce pro-Islamic stamps.

Now I have no reason to boycott any religion, but in the wake of the bombs being found in the New York City Subway System, I would have reservations, in releasing these. Picture Attached.</span>

Here is the text that accompanied the e-mail:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm

Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World

Trade Center in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine

barracks in Lebanon!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military

barracks in Saudi Arabia!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American

Embassies in Africa!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the Twin Towers on 9/11/2001!

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were

lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the

EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class

holiday postage stamp.

REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp

when purchasing your stamps at the post office.

To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those

AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.

REMEMBER to pass this along to every patriotic AMERICAN you know.</div></div>

Somehow, I think the person who originally sent this, forgot that there were "Muslim" Americans that died in the World Trade Center. tongue.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The BMW 8-series coupe, was a wicked car, although they tend to be quite expensive. </div></div> Frankly I purchased it for the 12 cylinders. The 8 cylinder is a better less complicated car with better weight balance and handling etc BUT I wanted the 12 laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now for more propaganda:

Apparently, the U.S. Postal Office feels it's necessary to produce pro-Islamic stamps.

</div></div> I am peverse enough to use the stamp just stick it on upside down. Another way to make a statement.

From www.snopes.com :

The word "eid" is roughly equivalent to the English word "celebration" or "festival." The three-day Eid al-Fitr celebrates the end of the month-long fasting of Ramadan; the three-day Eid al-Adha commemorates the willingness of the Prophet Abraham to sacrifice his son in response to God's command, and it marks the end of Hajj, the annual Muslim pilgrimage to the holy city of Mecca.

Should Americans boycott a stamp commemorating Islamic holidays? That's a personal decision, but the following facts may prove informative:

* The EID stamp is an ordinary first-class postage stamp; all proceeds from its sale go to the USPS, not to any Muslim-related groups or organizations. Boycotting the EID stamp is a purely symbolic act with no financial impact on anyone.

[color:\\"red\\"]* The United States is home to an estimated 6 million Muslims, and according to the U.S. State Department, by the year 2010 the Muslim population of the United States is expected to surpass the Jewish population, making Islam the country's second-largest faith.

* The USPS already issues stamps commemorating the Christian holiday of Christmas (with both religious and festive themes) and the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah as well as Kwanzaa.

* The American greeting card manufacturer Hallmark produces cards celebrating Eid al-Fitr.

* The President of the United States, George W. Bush, has extended official greetings, issued messages, and participated in commemorations of both Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha (even after the September 11 attacks), and the White House web site promotes the EID stamp as well.

What's next? Boycotting Falafels? blush.gif