jfinn: Part 100 dr. window guide

Guest reatta31989

Guest reatta31989

jim, sorry i wasn't more clear, but a mechanic told me that what i needed was "part #100". my driver's side window is off-track. the mechanic said that according to his info, "part #100" is what i need. it is inside the door and it holds the window in place horizontally as it moves up and down. i don't know how else to describe it, but i know i need one. i hope this helps you to help me.

thanks again,

doug wolfe

breatta@webtv.net

b_reatta@msn.com (the space between b and r is an underscore) (b_r)

There is a channel inside the door at the rear that conrols the position of the window. If you look at page 10-52 of the P&A ("Door Hardware") there is a pin at the rear of the window that is #100. I wonder if that is what he was talking about. The channel is #67 and it looks like the "pin" mates with it.

Of course he may have been looking at a collision guide which has its own numbering.

Each of the parts books by date have different parts and numbers so when Padgett mentioned page 10-52 that is a picture of the window and all the parts but my book didn't match up to the numbers.

The main window has a "T" bonded to the lower corner of the glass and this T rides in a plastic track in the vent window frame. This T keeps the window in place. If the window is coming out of the tracks the T has probably broken off or separated from the glass. This is very common. The only solution is to replace the glass as there is no way to re-bond the T to the glass. It is possible also that the track is bad in the vent frame but not likely.

Doug,

I sent you an email and you can respond to me at jfinn@cpinternet.com

Was referring to the on-line P&I pages 10-52 for the illustration and 10-54 for the "part 100" (not available seperately) which has no part number associated.

If that is the case am sure Jim has a window but they are a royal pain to replace.